IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

Experiences With Chiropractic Care

Rate this topic

Just wanted to relate my own experiences with Chiropractic care. I’ve only used it during one period of my life and really didn’t need it so my results may not be standard. I got a deal for four sessions and so decided to try it out despite not really having anything wrong with me. My opinion is that I certainly did feel lighter, and more mobile. But I didn’t really see what was so special about it. Again, if I had been in a car accident or such perhaps I would have felt differently. As is, it just seemed like cracking my knuckles. My neck was snapped, spine twisted, legs yanked. When I left I did feel like I walked taller. I’d be curious what others views are on this form of treatment.

There is a upper level manager at my office who shared his wife’s experience with me a while back. She had just given birth to triplets and the strain of carrying them for 9 months caused immense pain in her back. She went to a chiropractor for many months. After the sessions she would feel fine, but inevitably within a few days the pain came back. He says it was really intense pain, like she would practically be screaming. Anyways, finally after the chiropractic care didn’t work he was ready to do anything to alleviate his wife’s pain. Now this guy is totally plain vanilla, white bread, upper management. Not exactly the kind of guy who would go for alternative therapy. But he swears by what I’m about to tell you. Finally, he took his wife to a Chinese acupuncturist. The acupuncturist put the needles in her, and after that one session she never had pain again. He was amazed but said that experience convinced him immediately. He couldn’t explain it but his wife’s pain went completely away. So does anyone have experience with chiropractic care and/or acupuncture? I’d be interested in your thoughts.

Gauracandra

Originally posted by Gauracandra:

So does anyone have experience with chiropractic care and/or acupuncture? I’d be interested in your thoughts.Gauracandra/QUOTE]

Ok - first of all- TRIPLETS - arrrrgh!! Got that out of my system!

I have had experiences with both chiropractic and acupuncture.

I liked the acupucture because it was something new and different and I was curious but I only went once and really did not have any lasting results. I was having extreme headaches.

As for chiropractic - I have had good and bad experiences. The bad was that the doctor I went to saw dollar signs because my insurance covered his care. He had me there twice a week for months and months. Sold me vitamins etc etc. He did not really do much for me.

A friend of mine then told me about her chiropractor. He was an elderly man of the old school. I went to him - he talked to me for a while. He told me that any chiropractor that has you come in more than twice for a mild case is a quake! He said bad accidents were a different story. He then did his exam and told me that one side of the back bottom of my skull was pushed up a bit like I had fallen very hard. I had completely forgotten about a horrible fall on my head (don't laugh) while attempting to learn to ride a dirt bike.

Well, to make a long story short, I saw this doctor twice and he cured the headaches.

This doctor has since passed on as I am afraid so many of caliber have.

Once had electric acupuncture in Hawaii for a long and persistent migraine condition that peaked on a flight from Korea to Hawaii. One session. Bingo. No more migraine for the last 25 yrs. I'm a convert. I now have one Godbrother who practices accupuncture along with Chinese Herbs and he usually can noticeably relieve any condition I pick up, short of birth, old age and death.

Since my back was broken in 1979, I have had extensive experience with chiropractors and acupuncturists. Both can be amazingly effective for physical and emotional problems. However, you should consider your personal feelings about the practitioner and realize that these treatments are as much an art as a science, so there can be a big difference between therapists. There are other somewhat similar treatments such as shiatsu, which is like acupuncture without needles. I found the most powerful effects were from acupuncture using electricity.

All Chiropractors are not the same.Some are just charlatons who want you to come in on a regular basis for the rest of your life.You become their cash cow.

But who can argue with the basic idea of having the spinal column in alignment so as not to impinge on the nerve branches.

One reason that some adjustments don't hold is that there is some cause for the muscles that are attached to the vertabrae to become tense enough pull them back out of alignment.

To correct that one may need some very specific deep tissue massage, or even some emotional releasing work along with that.

One thing I would never let a chiropractor do is any quick adjustments on the neck.A study from UC Berkeley showed that a large % of people admitted to the hospital for stroke had a neck adjustment the prior day.Apparantly it is possible to damage vital arteries with these heavy handed manipulations.

For neck problems a series of deep neck massages and gentle streching will allow the vertabrae to realign in a less dramatic way.The neck vertabrae are more easily guided back into place then are the others lower down the spine.

Everyone can benfit from elongating and strengtening the spine.This will prevent many problems.

Of course as long as we choose to take up habitation within these mortal frames problems will plague us.

YS MC

I agree about deep muscle conditioning and tissue massage, etc. I have long not trusted chiropractors. I went to one a few times in London (the famous Harley Street); this doc gave devotees a great discount. I remember picking up a book on his table and being totally blown away. It showed the layers of the skin,um, what the body looks like, like one cell's width in. the blood, tiny veins, all of it. I was not enured to this horror by mvies, being very strict at that time. It showed mutilated bodies at crime scenes. Maitreya would have loved it. Anyway, it never really seemed to help, overall, only for a few minutes or hours afterward, honestly. And I was supposed to be having this expereince with him weekly. The neck. How I dreaded that. A few years later I found out I had a condition which chiropracty would worsen. Something to do with it further avrading and wearing away the already deteriorated or injured cartilege between a vertabrae or two in my neck.

Besides these specific reasons, and what I have since then read against this practice, I have always had a sense of the grossness of any technique which intruded on the body in any kind of violent way (this could have steemed from early visits to the dentist) Posted Image be they yanks or needles or knives. Releasing blocked energy can be as unintrusive as using the hands a few inches from the body along the meridians. I used to feel like I could float out of the room with such treatments.

JR