IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Yashoda_dd

Hari Bhakta Vilas

Rate this topic

There is a great need for Hari Bhakta Vilas with diacritics.

I was looking at internet to find any version, but I could not find, or maybe there is one somewhere is bhakticyber space...

Any version will do, if there are diacritics.

Thanks, your servant, Yashoda dd

Your search could be more fruitful if you sought for "Hari Bhakti Vilasa" instead of "Hari Bhakta Vilasa".

At any rate, there are currently no complete translitterated editions of Hari Bhakti Vilasa, either with diacritics or without.

You can find the first and the tenth vilasa with diacritics at www.granthamandira.org in the "Smriti" section, and some translitterations without diacritics are found at http://scriptorium.serveftp.com under "Gopala Bhatta Gosvami" > "Hari Bhakti Vilasa". Whoever knows enough sanskrit to understand plain text with diacritics will also understand without them.

If anyone takes up the task of translitterating the original sanskrit text of the HBV, please be so kind and drop us a note at info@granthamandira.org to have it included in our archives. Versions with Devanagari are also most welcome.

Go to www.granthamandira.org , then click on the "Smrti" link on the left side, then scroll down until you see the title "Hari Bhakti Vilasa". Click on it to open a new window, and you'll be linked with the files.

Otherwise, here's a direct link to the page: http://www.granthamandira.org/gm/sub_haribhaktivilasa.html . If for some reason the download doesn't start, try again in a few minutes -- the network may be bogged down for some reason. I just checked that the file is there and working.

Are you working on something in particular?

Thank you very much, Raga, for the answer. Sorry for mistake Bhakta instead of Bhakti.

I tried to open the file "Hari Bhakti Vilas" on granthamandira, but there is no one. Was there before, or is it on some other place on that web page that I can not find?

Your servant, Yashoda devi dasi

Yes, thank you Ragu.

Gopi Kanta prabhu, disciple of Srila Prabhupada from Croatia, is printing books for the pleasure of his second-initation guru Srila B.V. Puri Maharaja.

Since Maharaja is very often quoting from Hari Bhakti Vilas, he needs it a lot.

Personally, Syamarani didi asked me to help her with making a book of Jaiva Dharma lectures by SRila Narayana Maharaja. I was supposed to make it a month ago, but somehow I never manage to surrender.