IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

What Is Hell?

Rate this topic

Poll Shows That More Americans Believe in Heaven Than Hell

No one knows exactly what heaven and hell may be like ... but according to a NEWSWEEK poll, 76 percent of all Americans believe heaven actually exists, though only 60 percent believe in hell. Of the Christians who believe in heaven, Catholics and mainline Protestants tend to see it as a garden, while evangelicals see it as a city. Evangelicals, who seem to have cornered the market on gourmet potluck suppers, also foresee a feast in heaven, with Mrs. Vaughn's ethereal pecan pie as part of their just desserts.

Guest guest

hell is a place as well as a living condition.

the place(s) hell must be described in garuda purana.

some description also in bhagavatam if i amnot mistaken.

to undestand hell one needs to understand haven.

a worm in excratiuon feels he is in haven.

a pig eats stool with gusto, feels in haven.

a muslim feels in hell in krishna temple, we feel haven.

we sing, and koran says a musmim must not sing.

jai sri krishna!

Guest guest

Hell is lust, anger and greed and it is very present here and now in our materialistic society.

As long as those three gates of lust, anger and greed hell will be present. That is why in ISKCON we are thought to be more tolerant than a tree, think oneself lower than a blade of grass, to offer all respects to others and never expect any in return. In this way we can always chant the holy names of Krishna and those 3 gates will be closed in our hearts.

Hell is this burning sensation in our hearts when we are angry, lusty, greedy, jealous, envious, etc...

That is my humble opinion of hell.

Guest guest

God living in heaven N devil living in hell

every person has option to chose one of place heaven or hell

sapouse you are person with violentand other anti social activities then you should go to hell.

If you r a kind heareted always helpfull to other people well mannered gentleman then you should go to heaven

Guest guest

I'll have to ask my friend about the Jewish conception of the soul. The idea of 600,000 Jewish souls does seem a bit of an odd concept to grasp. The problem is always how to introduce the subject into polite conversation. Its a bit difficult to just pop in and say "Hey, whats this I hear about there only being 600,000 Jewish souls?"

the whole idea of there being ANY Jewish souls sounds off to me. Souls do not have racial identity! this seems like Jewish people somehow trying to make themselves sound superior even in their soul identity. I find this whole notion offensive. I mean, what is the difference between a Jewish soul and a Gentile soul? Nothing! Both have the same eternal Atman. Only body identification separates them.

Only Hinduism has temporary hell.

Buddhism also has teaching on temporary hells.

Guest guest

Hell Iz 4 Ppl Who Do Bad Stuff

Ppl Like The Pakistan/ Afghanistan Who Destroyed

The Buildings In New York

Guest guest

Hell Iz 4 Ppl Who Do Bad Stuff

Ppl Like The Pakistan/ Afghanistan Who Destroyed

The Buildings In New York

Hell is a state of mind/being. This state of mind can become more intense when one dies and is drawn by his negative vibration and guilt ridden thoughts into the darker astral regions. In these afterlife states one experiences the karmic outplaying of negative actions and thoughts that have been pressed upon the consciousness during their lifetime. When these thoughts/actions have been purged and the psychic residue of the mental guilt subsides, then he/she takes rebirth to further their spiritual evolution. So hell is a cause and effect for bad deeds.. but it a temporary state of consciousness/being.