IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Bhagavan das "repents"

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Bhagavan's Das' [aka the Sun King] letter in response to the Turley lawsuit that just got tossed out:

On women and children

For thousands of years male domination through religion and politics have been the way on earth. Deep distrust of the female needs to be moved and removed. Within ISKCON there has definitely been a patriarchal or yang proclivity to dominate. The female has hardly been recognized as being equally powerful and essential for success and

completion either in the process of self realization or practical management. There has been much fear covered by anger and resentment towards women, and I have been party to this maligned thought process.

I offer my deep apologies for the belittling of women, family and the female nature that I have been responsible for.

The one obvious, acceptable opening for sexual union, to have elevated children, unfortunately also has carried the stigma and fear of overattachment. To further purify the sexual act subsequent detachment was introduced through the gurukula system. To better love Krsna, parents and children were thought to be better off if children were

raised by surrogate parents in the ashram. Even Prabhupada never went through such separation from his parents. Having ashram teachers many of whom never had children of their own, were sexually out of sync with themselves, never had psychological training nor were educated in counseling, created a formula for disaster. Today one result of this debacle is a hate reflection by some former "gurukulis" to get even for past abuses by going after the assets of the temples.

I suggest that ISKCON take responsibility for these victims of abuse by arranging a full on meeting with qualified mediators, therapists

and counselors present. All parties involved- children, parents and the abusers themselves need to confront each other and get out face to face the shame and trauma that does not go away until it is brought to full exposure. The alternative is to arrange meetings between lawyers who get paid to do the work everyone else is supposed to do. To go

after temples is nothing less than victims of abuse becoming abusive themselves, most likely because they were never heard or recognized. It is a common understanding amongst child psychologists that an

abused child will more than likely perform abuse to others.

===================================

Posted Image

Guest guest

Originally posted by Krsnacandra dasa:

When was the lawsuit thrown out? Am I reading this correctly? If the lawsuit was thrown out, why hasn't it been better publicized?

Gotta love how Bhagavan says "yang proclivity". Never figured him to be the new age type.

This report has been publisized thru AP.

Sun King has been very "new age" after being dethroned. Last time I saw him [san Jose ISKCON centre 1998] he looked like any other burned-out hippie: ie long gray hair in ponytail.

Originally posted by rand0M aXiS:

This report has been publisized thru AP.

Sun King has been very "new age" after being dethroned. Last time I saw him [san Jose ISKCON centre 1998] he looked like any other burned-out hippie: ie long gray hair in ponytail.

Thanks, prabhu. All I had so far was the chakra.org article, and we all know how impartial that particular website is ...

I saw Bhagavan in Badger, CA last May. I had no idea he ever had long hair, it seemed kind of thinning out to me, actually. Never heard the "Sun King" name before. I suppose that would be the subject of a whole new thread, so I wont push the issue ...