IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

Necessity for Sadhu-sanga

Rate this topic

I was just reading "Sadhu-sanga: The Birthplace of Bhakti" by Srila Gour Govinda Swami, and wanted to quote a small section:

Tulayama lavenapi

na svargam napunar-bhavam

bhagavat-sangi-sangasya

martyanam kim utasisah

"We are the residents of this martya-bhumi, this earth planet where there is birth and death. The only blessing and boon required here is bhagavat-sangi-sangasya"

The association of bhagavat-sangi, the dear devotees of the Lord, is the only thing required in our life. That will give us all perfection, supreme perfection. So on this day I request you all to please shower your blessings unto me that I will get such association of sadhus always, throughout my life, and life after life. This is my only prayer to you.

Thank you very much

I wanted to quote this because although these forums are great, and the internet can bring us together to discuss many things "theoretically" it is the practical association of devotees that is necessary. We should not just sit in our darkened rooms with the glare of the computer on our face. Rather we should move beyond theoretical talk, and actively associate with those seeking spiritual advancement. Otherwise what we say are only words, and nothing else.

Gauracandra

Yes, tonight there is HarinAm-sankirtan at Timessquare 7-9pm.

In Miami 7 weeks ago, I asked BhaktivedAnta Aranya Mhrj this question:

"Can we get sAdhusanga on the Internet?"

He said, "Yes, if you have full faith in the sAdhu's words as your reading them on your Internet computer screen."