IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Sri Caitanya as a Tantric-god

Rate this topic

Maitreya ji,

You are right. The word "twisakrsnam" means "not black in lustre". But it does not mean "not black in colour". Read the very first word of the verse. The verse is "krsnavarnam" which means "of black colour".

So, the verse says "of black colour but not black in lustre" or in other words "of dark complexion and bright lustre".

animesh,

Not knowing sanskrit I can not add anything.But here is a copy and paste offering of the BBT translation for SB 11.5.32 I hope it helps.

SYNONYMS

kåñëa-varëam—repeating the syllables kåñ-ëa; tviñä—with a luster; akåñëam—not black (golden); sa-aìga—along with associates; upa-aìga—servitors; astra—weapons; pärñadam—confidential companions; yajïaiù—by sacrifice; saìkértana-präyaiù—consisting chiefly of congregational chanting; yajanti—they worship; hi—certainly; su-medhasaù—intelligent persons.

TRANSLATION

In the age of Kali, intelligent persons perform congregational chanting to worship the incarnation of Godhead who constantly sings the names of Kåñëa. Although His complexion is not blackish, He is Kåñëa Himself. He is accompanied by His associates, servants, weapons and confidential companions.

Zri Caitanya MahAprabhu is definitely a Tantrik God.

No doubt about it. He's tantrik in the all-inclusive sense.

In fact, He's the Supreme Personality of Tantrik Godhead. How so?

He encourages us to clap our hands in KRSNa-kirtan: that's tantrik.

*mrdanga-vAdya, zunite mana, avasara sadA jAce

*Gaura-vihita, kirtana sune, Anande hrdaya nAce

He encourages us to dance in KRSNa-kirtan: that's tantrik.

He encourages us to play musical instruments to accompany KRSNa kirtan: that's both yantrik and tantrik.

And prasad? It is obvious tantra!!!

The entering in "race" gives rise tantra. Attempts to enjoy at a level of a spiritual world it tantra. The premature reference(reversal) to esoteric it tantra. And absence brahman it tantra.

brahma bhuta prasannatma. But it is a low level, we it(him) already have passed, we go in race, all remaining is a pragmatism, fanaticism and for the beginners. Posted Image Book Prabhupada for the beginners, now I! I shall devote you in secrets bhakti. Sweetness, sweetness ..... Posted Image

mahän prabhur vai puruñaù

sattvasyaiña pravartakaù

su-nirmaläm imäà präptim

éçäno jyotir avyayaù

“The Supreme Personality of Godhead is Mahäprabhu, who disseminates transcendental enlightenment. Just to be in touch with Him is to be in contact with the indestructible brahmajyoti.” (Çvetäçvatara Upaniñad 3.12)

(3) From the Muëòaka Upaniñad (3.1.3):

yadä paçyaù paçyate rukma-varëaà

kartäram éçaà puruñaà brahma-yonim

“One who sees that golden-colored Personality of Godhead, the Supreme Lord, the supreme actor, who is the source of the Supreme Brahman, is liberated

tyaktvä sudustyaja-surepsita-räjya-lakñméà

dharmiñöha ärya-vacasä yad agäd araëyam

mäyä-mågaà dayitayepsitam anvadhävad

vande mahä-puruña te caraëäravindam

“We offer our respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of the Lord, upon whom one should always meditate. He left His householder life, leaving aside His eternal consort, whom even the denizens of heaven adore. He went into the forest to deliver the fallen souls, who are put into illusion by material energy.” (Bhäg. 11.5.34)

Prahläda said:

itthaà nå-tiryag-åñi-deva-jhañävatärair

lokän vibhävayasi haàsi jagat-pratépän

dharmaà mahä-puruña päsi yugänuvåttaà

channaù kalau yad abhavas tri-yugo ’tha sa tvam

“My Lord, You kill all the enemies of the world in Your multifarious incarnations in the families of men, animals, demigods, åñis, aquatics and so on. Thus You illuminate the worlds with transcendental knowledge. In the Age of Kali, O Mahäpuruña, You sometimes appear in a covered incarnation. Therefore You are known as Tri-yuga [one who appears in only three yugas].” (Bhäg. 7.9.38)

(5) From the Kåñëa-yämala-tantra: puëya-kñetre navadvépe bhaviñyämi çacé-sutaù. “I shall appear in the holy land of Navadvépa as the son of Çacédevé.”

(6) From the Vàyu Puräëa: kalau saìkértanärambhe bhaviñyämi çacé-sutaù. “In the Age of Kali when the saìkértana movement is inaugurated, I shall descend as the son of Çacédevé.”

(7) From the Brahma-yämala-tantra:

atha vähaà dharädhäme

bhütvä mad-bhakta-rüpa-dhåk

mäyäyäà ca bhaviñyämi

kalau saìkértanägame

“Sometimes I personally appear on the surface of the world in the garb of a devotee. Specifically, I appear as the son of Çacé in Kali-yuga to start the saìkértana movement.”

(8), From the Ananta-samhita:

ya eva bhagavän kåñëo

rädhikä-präëa-vallabhaù

såñöy ädau sa jagan-nätho

gaura äsén maheçvari

“The Supreme Person, Çré Krisna Himself, who is the life of Çré Radharani and is the Lord of the universe in creation, maintenance and annihilation, appears as Gaura, O Maheçvaré.”