IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

Sri Damodarastaka by Sri Satyavrata Muni

Rate this topic

Since it is the month of Damodar I thought I'd post Sri Damodarastaka by Sri Satyavrata Muni.

Namamisvaram sac-cid-ananda-rupam

lasat-kundalam gokule bhrajamanam

yasoda-bhiyolukhalad dhavamanam

paramrstam atyantato drutya gopya

To the supreme controller who possesses an eternal form of blissful knowledge, whose glistening earrings swing to and fro, who manifested Himself in Gokula, who stole the butter that the gopis kept hanging from the rafters of their storerooms and who then quickly jumped up and ran in retreat in fear of Mother Yasoda but was ultimately caught - to that Supreme Lord, Sri Damodara, I offer my humble obeisances.

rudantam muhur netra-yugmam mrjantam

karambhoja-yugmena satanka-netram

muhuh svasa-kampa-trirekanka-kantha

sthita-graiva-damodaram bhakti-baddam

Upon seeing His mother's whipping stick, He cried and rubbed His eyes again and again with His two lotus hands. His eyes were fearful and His breathing quick, and as Mother Yasoda bound His belly with ropes, He shivered in fright and His pearl necklace shook. To this Supreme Lord, Sri Damodara, who is bound with His devotee's love, I offer my humble obeisances.

itidrk sva-lilabhir ananda-kunde

sva-ghosam nimajjantam akhyapayantam

tadiyesita-jnesu bhaktair jivatvam

punah prematas tam satavrtti vande

Those superexcellent pastimes of Lord Krsna's babyhood drowned the inhabitants of Gokula in pools of ecstasy. To the devotees who are attracted only to His majestic aspect of Narayana in Vaikuntha, the Lord herein reveals: "I am conquered and overwhelmed by pure loving devotion". To the Supreme Lord, Damodara, my obeisances hundreds and hundreds of times.

varam deva moksam na moksavadhim va

na canyam vrne ham varesad apiha

idam te vapur natha gopala-balam

sada me manasya avirastam kim anyaih

O Lord, although You are able to give all kinds of benedictions, I do not pray to You for liberation, nor eternal life in Vaikuntha, nor any other boon. My only prayer is that Your childhood pastimes may constantly appear in my mind. O Lord, I do not even want to know Your feature of Paramatma. I simply wish that Your childhood pastimes may ever be enacted in my heart.

idam te mukhambojam atyanta-nilair

vrtam kuntalaih snigdha-raktais ca gopya

muhus cumbitam bimba-rakta-dharam me

manasya avirastam alam laksa-labhaih

O Lord, the cheeks of Your blackish lotus face, which is encircled by locks of curling hair, have become reddened like bimba fruit due to Mother Yasoda's kisses. What more can I describe than this? Millions of opulences are of no use to me, but may this vision constantly remain in my mind.

namo deva damodarananta visno

prasida prabho duhkha-jalabdhi-magnam

krpa-drsti-vrstyatidinam batanu

grhanesa mam ajnam edhy aksi-drsyah

O unlimited Visnu! O Master! O Lord! Be pleased upon me! I am drowning in an ocean of sorrow and am almost like a dead man. Please shower the rain of mercy upon me; uplift me and protect me with Your nectarean vision.

kuveratmajau baddha-murtyaiva yadvat

tvaya mocitau bhakti-bhajau krtau ca

tatha prema-bhaktim svakam me prayaccha

na mokse graho me sti damodareha

O Lord Damodara, in Your form as a baby, Mother Yasoda bound You to a grinding stone with a rope for tying cows. You then freed the sons of Kuvera, Manigriva and Nalakuvera, who were cursed to stand as trees, and You gave them the chance to become Your devotees. Please bless me in this same way. I have no desire for liberation into Your effulgence.

namas te stu damne sphurad-dipti-dhamne

tvadiyodarayatha visvasya dhamne

namo radhikayai tvadiya priyayai

namo nanta-lilaya devaya tubham

O Lord, the entire universe was created by Lord Brahma, who was born from Your abdomen, which was bound with a rope by Mother Yasoda. To this rope I offer my humble obeisances. I offer my obeisances to Your most beloved Srimati Radharani and to Your unlimited pastimes.

Jai Radha-Damodara. Haribol.

Gauracandra