IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
narayanadasa

History repeats itself?

Rate this topic

Jai Sriman Narayana:

Incidentally, I was reading some articles at http://www.indiadivine.org/hinduism-stories.htm. I will quote some statements here from the various stories.

One of the things that aroused my mind was "Jambavan". It is said that he was the 1st created being with Brahma and has survived various creation/dissolution cycles. It is also said that each time he was the witness to Ramayana and so he had to play the same role each time with prior knowledge.

Does this mean "history repeats itself exactly as it was in the previous cycle?"

Some quote:

Angada said, "Then you will meet your death," and he flew back. When he came back, Jambavan came to him, and asked him, "They couldn't move your toe?" He was seeing Ramayana over and over. So then Angada said, "How do you know this?" Jambavan said, "I am Jambavan. I have been here for a long time."

More such quotes are available from the web site.

If what we called history is simply set of decisions made by men and all men have similar thinking pattern (maybe they die and born again in another body but with the same mentality), then there is a chance that they could make same mistake and repeat the same history.

BTW ... your link is broken.

Before I say anything, I like to say Thanks. People like you are proof (even so you may not reliaze it) that God exist. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm doing narrations of 8 Avatars in another forums and just finished narrating Parasurama Avatar. I was worried how I was going to do Ramayana and you came with the link which I could use without me asking. Thank you.

Could it be that souls of Hanuman, Sugriva etc (except Jambavan) are different although the characters are the same?

I think its the other way around. I think the Souls are the same but characters are the ones which are different.

I think this is how Enlightnment occurs - when one don't get confused and attached to this (present day) existence and remember the True Self (the Soul).