IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Need some guidance

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste everyone,

Next year I have my final exams and finish school. But first I have to write about any topic I want( of course the school has to agree) and I´ve a full year time to do my work which should be according the school authorities minimum 50 hours.

Now I´ve chosen to write about "hinduism" and especially clear some major misunderstandings, and indian history. The content of my work would probably look like this :

-----

- Definiion of Hinduism ( it´s not only polytheism and idol worship, original name is sanatana dharma. there are many paths which lead to the same destination, self-realization)

. Aryan Invasion Theory ( AIT is a joke)

."Caste System" ( varnasrama-dharma) : caste is not given by birth, but by gunas, one´s nature.

- Sati- burning of widows ( has nothing to do with hinduism)

probably also :

- yoga is not only gymnastics, it has a spiritual meaning

- Many things have been manipulated

----------

Now my question is if somebody could suggest some books or links , especially on the AIT.

(I´ve to order the books through the internet and it´s very expensive, that´s why want only the "good" ones)

what about these books here ?

-The True History and the Religion of India by Swami Prakashanand Saraswati

-Aryan Invasion Theory by Shrikan G.Talageri

-The Myth Of Aryan Invasion of India

--------------------

Thank you very much

Jai sri krishna

ekansh

Guest guest

what is it for? undergrad college grad or highschool?

u should also write about why Hinduism answers all the questions thru logic and science and NOT belief. you MUST drive home the point that hinduism is NOT a belief system that is shoved down its ppl's throats (like other religions). u must say that hinduism is most unique in that it encourages ppl to ask questions and is suported by pure logic, reasoning and science of thinking.

Guest guest

It´s for "high school"(I am 17)

sure I will that hinduism is like a way of living and every aspect has been explained and there is not only one way to "reach god".

But first I want to make clear that hinduism is not a bunch of fairy tailes and unlogic rules etc. You know the people here don´t know much about hinduism. They think hinduism is absurd especially because of the caste system and sati.

jai sri krishna

Jai Sriman Narayan:

Title: God, Rebirth and the Vedas

ISBN: 8122405061.

This is not for Aryan Invasion in general but a lot more about basics of Sanatana Dharma from a scientific point of view in a way that common western men will understand

Guest guest

just saw ur profile.. says switzerland.. that sux.

always wanted to meet someone with similar interests as me.