narayanadasa

What is dristhi?

Rate this topic

Jai Ganesh

Re

(What is Drishti?)

it is to see, sight.

Re

( I have heard elders telling someone's drishti has fallen you, which is troubling you, that must be removed? Any idea what this is about? )

basicaly in this case it means someones evil eyes has fallen on you, or someone has cast a spell on you.

this is my understanding.

Jai Shree Krishna

Guest guest

It is fear of evil eye basically that feeds this superstition when somebody' applecart is upset.

Some people would throw chilly green or powder on fire to smokeout evil eye effect.

It is quite dangerous thing to do since children can get suffocated.

Guest guest

Someone may call superstition - but one cannot refuse the fact.

whether big city or village, individual home or temple or office, everywhere this Dristi removal is being undertaken:

- any festival starts with kodiyetram and homam in yagasalai. at the end of yagam, priest give "Black Pottu" - what is that? this is dristi.

Black to remove or face the dristi, the function not get affected by any unforeseen dristi.

- even when Rath yatra starts, priests give Black pottu - tilak for this reason.

- when building is erected, either bumpkin or false /fake numan stuffed toy is place.

- -if not, atleast they take a pot, make it white washed and apply black dots on it and hang in front of buildings.

-- when u see an infant child, or beautiful girls, they wear black dot either on cheek or in the forehead.

-Any new inaguration, new vehicle purchase after pooja they break bumpkin.

ALL THESE ARE TO THROW THE DEVIL SIGHTS OUT OF THE SITE / INSTRUMENT / PERSON ETC.

you wll notice, when people buy a new vehicle, or starting for a holy or special purpose visit, they keep lemon in front of all 4 wheels and start car or vehicle crushing o the lemons.

Hi,

.Drishti occurs when someone looks at you with a jealous,evil and astonishing mind.Someone who cannot possess or achieve a thing which you have reached.

Someone says pumpkin,bloody sacrifice and all for drishti removal.

But in my experience Lord Narasimha photo in your house entrance and workplace will nullify all evil results.Its not because Narasimha has horrifying look I am telling this.

Generally, Vishnu's Narasimha Avatar is to give swift removal of miseries esp due to enemies,demoniac men and horoscope planets.

It is said when one loudly chants "Jai Narasimha" even the Sani planet would fly away and cannot do any harm.

Guest Vjichander

For the past 15 ia am not well. My friends /and my sisters telling there is dhrushti on u. So that this happens. What type of NARASIMHA photo I can keep pl advise.