Hinduisum

Rate this topic

Could somebody post this on this site, I can't make it work-

http://www.hinducounciluk.org/index.asp

Please.!!!!

Hare Krishna

Thankyou for this site, though I have one question-

http://www.hinducounciluk.org/hindugods.htm

Hindus believe in one Supreme God, Brahmm, the formless infinite spirit.

Hinduism is supposed to be 'apauruseya', i.e., of impersonal origin & so also are the Gods of Hinduism. They are eternal & though the deities appear to be different & independent, they are really facets of the same Brahmm, the Supreme God.

As Sri Ramakrishna says, there can be as many spiritual paths as there are spiritual aspirants & similarly there can really be as many Gods as there are devotees to suit the moods, feelings, emotions & social background of the devotees.

---

Not all Hindus have this view. In fact this is Advaita point of view or from Sankrcharya. This is not what is taught in the Bhagavad-gita. Krishna teaches pure love of God [bhakti-yoga] whereas Impersonalism teaches spiritual voidness, in the Brahmajyoti [great spititual sky]. The goals are completely different, and have nothing to even do with Sanatana Dharma. Sanatana Dharma means knowing who you are? Who God is? What nature is? What time is? etc. Krishna and Vishnu are known as Vishnu-tattva and we are Jiva-tattva, at no time can we become God, as our eternal purpose is Sanatana Dharma [to serve krishna] by loving Him. This is the point I am making. I see you give sites to Prabhupada Gita. Did you ever read it? If so then maybe you should. This teaches pure loving devotional service to God. It doesn't teach voidness in either material sence or spiritual. Please take some time to consider these views. 500 Years ago Krishna appeared as His own devotee as Sri Krishna Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, with His brother Lord Nityananda [balarama]. They came to freely give love of Krishna. Which impersonal libearation cannot even touch in its pleasure. Over the years many impersonalists and Mayavadis have become Vaishnava's due to thier lack of Bliss in speculation and impersonalility. This is noted throughout the history of India. But it all depends what your desire is, some people want Liberation, some want just to serve Krishna. Either way there is no interaction in the impersonal path. No activity, this is basically spiritual sucicide.