IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Tamil word meaning

Rate this topic

Guest guest

"Nunukkam" in tamil means minute.Its not time "minute" but the minute which comes in the sentence "held a MINUTE inspection of the grounds"

from dictionary.com

Exceptionally small; tiny.

Beneath notice; insignificant.

Characterized by careful scrutiny and close examination:

Guest guest

so what does Nunukka Kalvi mean? I know Kalvi means education but it cannot be "Minute education". So what is it? Is it engineering? Arts?

Guest guest

I am not sure if my previous posting has been succesful.

Nunukka Kalvi refers to learning the intricate i.e "minute -

my-noo-te" components of any field. Normally the term is used in the field of arts like sculpting, carpentry, jewelry, music , etc where in the artist expresses to the maximum.

To understand this visit one of the sites of Chalukyas, say in Belur, where you may see the "Nunukka Velaippadu" of the sculptor. It really makes you go WOW!. I am not sure if you can see those works on the net. Since I do not know your background - and I do not intend to also - I have chosen a tourist spot instead of temples in the South India.

To elucidate, imagine a sculpture of a danseus holding a mirror on granite. Now the apart from the legal form of dance the works on her jewelry, her expression, her posture detailing her features the sculptor has gone to the extent of polishing the mirror piece so that light reflects of it.

Greater details to cover the entire spectrum is what Nunukkam is all about.

Guest guest

I saw this post only today. So am I right in assuming that "nunukka kalvi" might also refer to literature because that also involves intricacy? Or is it only music, sculpture etc.? I want to know specifically if it involves literature. Please reply.

Guest guest

Yes, it can be applied to other fields as well but the usage to my knowledge is very limited. For example "Vingyana Nunukaam" applies to the field of sceince. The word has such a connotation it cannot be restricted to any given field. Every field has its own intricate webs as one goes digging.

Having said that, the word intricacy has more variations that it can applied to common place like "the country with its own intrciate network of roads...", etc. I have not heard anybody using "Nunukkam" for what is probably mundane.

Guest guest

The reason I asked was because a Nadi astrologer in TN told my friend that he'd specialize in nunukkam. Incidentally, he has become a writer and I was wondering whether nadi is right after all. because the nadi astrologer was 100% accurate in everything else starting from his birth details, family and just about everything he disclosed about my friend. It was amazing, regarding this prediction about profession, he had to wait and see because at the time he was too young to have had one.

In case nunukkam is correct in this sense, it means Nadi is accurate in all respects. So i might go see him myself.

Guest guest

Oh No! yet another person into the world of Nadi. Were you present at the time when the Nadi was read ? Rather than concentrating on what he says concentrate on what he asks and what the responses are. Then you will know the subject would have blurted out some info which will bounce back from him. I visit Vaitheeswaran Koil regularly and once happened to chance upon a Nadi astrologer but as a slient witness. Some of the details are correct. But he tries to get info from you as well. Replay th tape many times

Anyway in retrospect I am not sure if there is any literary nunukkam like "Thozhil Nunukkam". What the astrolger would have meant would be that the subject would be better off in business or arts probably. They use very old Tamil and may not have meant what(the same term) it means today. As long as the subject is well off and happy with whatever he/she is doing it should be fine by me.

Incidentally Annamalai Univeristy had done some research on Nadi but I have not really gone in detail to find out what it is all about. There are variations in the suvadi itself as put forth by different people. I really wanted to compare by going to another guy but desisted it. May be some time in future I will try that.

Guest guest

Hi,

I also went to a Naadi at Trichy.It is Kaga Bhujandhar Naadi and fairly accurate.

I want to compare with some other person and please tell your Nadi astrologer's address.

For me he predicted I would do "kalai nunukkam" means M.B.A????

Guest guest

Nunukam can be used for several meaning. Sometime reffred to "detailed" or "precise"

Guest mohit

again nadi prediction question. pls help me out!!

what does nunukkam seva type job means in tamil