IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
gopalapriyadas

got milk?

Rate this topic

What is your position on milk?

The fact is that in this age, commercial dairy cows are kept pregnant to produce milk and their babies are auctioned to veal slaughter houses. So in essence, when you drink milk you are killing baby cows. I don't think this is good and certainly not karma-free.

Any thoughts?

Hare Krsna.

-Gopalapriya das

Guest guest

By that logic we cannot eat what the farms produce since farms raise cows and sends the veals for salughter houses.So we end up eating nothing.

Sanyasis can avoid eating foods on such basis,but for normal humans like us,who are already suffering a lot for being vegetarians ,making things more complicated is no good.

Being a vegetarian is not easy.That too being a veggie,staying in a dorm makes me starve many days.But thats what makes me more determined.When circumstances are bad,you should prove your mettle.I get my proteins mostly from milk.Now dont make that complicated.

we all do sins.Let us pray to krishna to forgive us

Guest guest

HAre Krishna!

AGTSP!

Yes, we commit sins by the second, if that is the case then...while you walk....you will kill many insects and plants...which is life also- the same life which is in all of us....when you breath.......you kill a lot of microbes which is also life.

So...i guess...to think like that is too NAISHTIK because everything is linked in one way or the other. An American's devotee's tax money is used to kill innncent Iraqis...so there is no end. The idea is I guess we should not endorse anything direct to slaughter like being the end user of meat b'cos the meat consumers drive the slaughter industry.

I dont think the milk drinkers drive the slaughter industry.

Haribol!

anand

Guest guest

/images/graemlins/smile.gif <font color="red"> Soy milk is made from living seeds. Actually our body get energy from other bodies. It is the circulation of nature. If you are not eating then nature will maintain equilibrium all another ways. Nature also uses to balance human population time to time. Curd (dahi) is a milk item and full of microbes. Milk, Curd or bacteria which are you eating ? /images/graemlins/ooo.gif</font color>

Jai Ganesh

Re

(What is your position on milk?)

milk is an essential nourishment for whole of humanity.

Re

(The fact is that in this age, commercial dairy cows are kept pregnant to produce milk and their babies are auctioned to veal slaughter houses. So in essence, when you drink milk you are killing baby cows. I don't think this is good and certainly not karma-free.

Any thoughts?)

The greed of a farmer and the cruel requirement of the meat eater is in no way result of those who drink milk. Weather we drink milk or not those cruel practice will not cease.

If we live our life per dharma,learn to be compensate to all the creatures of the world the lord will see to that our actions are karma free.

But I agree those cruelty to cows are very sad.

When ever possible I only buy organic milk but this is no solution to the plight of mother cow.

Jai gopal

Jai Shree Krishna