IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
rahul

Hanuman ji

Rate this topic

Sri Hanumanji is an incarnation of Lord Siva.

Brihaspati (the preceptor of the gods) had an attendant by the name of Punjikasthala who was cursed to assume the body of a female monkey. The curse was to be removed on her giving birth to an incarnation of Lord Siva. Accordingly, she was born as Anjana and, together with her husband Kesari ,lived a life of chastity and purity. She performed intense Tapasya (austerities) for a great many years, during which period she worshipped Lord Siva who being pleased with her granted her a boon. She asked that He (Lord Siva) be born to her so that she may be freed from the curse.

As soon as Hanumanji was born, Anjana was released from the curse and wished to return to Heaven.

Sri Hanumanji met Sri Rama whilst Sri Rama was in banishment. Sri Rama, together with his brother Lakshamana, was searching for his wife Sita. (Sita was abducted by the demon Ravana).

Hanumanji is said to be immortal and is present in the world even today. He is the link between the devotees and God, for, as instructed by the Lord, he serves, protects and inspires the servants of God. Saints like Tulasidas had the darshan (divine vision) of the Lord through the grace of Hanumanji.

There is unlimited power enclosed within us. When all that energy is directed towards the worship of God, it is called Bhakti or Devotion. This is exemplified by Sri Hanuman. If that energy is utilised for our selfish interests, it can result in downfall and destruction, as exemplified by Ravana. If we treat our potentialities with indifference they fritter away in all directions and are completely wasted.This is represented by common people all over the world who are not making any effort to advance along the spiritual path.

In the GEETA, Lord KRISHNA describes the qualities of a bhakta or a devotee:

"He who acts for Me, who is engrossed in Me, who is My devotee, who is free from attachment, he reaches Me!"

The very first quality is "He who acts for Me". The very birth of Hanuman is to accomplish Sri Ram`s tasks as says Jambvan: "You are born to work for Sri Ram."

He has such a devotion to his task that he forgets all physical fatigue.When on being pleased with Hanuman`s achievements, Sri Ram embraces him; in return Hanuman begs only that he may remain Sri Ram`s steadfast devotee. "O Lord, bless me with undying devotion for you, for you are a source of great bliss for me. May I have everlasting love for You!" This alone was the desire of Hanuman.

Hanuman`s greatness lies in his complete surrender to the Lord and he merges his own existence in the Lord.. From whatever point of view we see, we find that Sri Hanuman`s bhakti or devotion was so perfect that it culminated in advaitic God realisation.

Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa Said:

"There are different levels among the devotees of God: superior, mediocre and inferior. All this has been described in the Gita.

The inferior devotee says, 'God exists, but He is very far off, up there in heaven.'

The mediocre devotee says, 'God exists in all beings as

life and consciousness.'

The superior devotee says: 'It is God Himself who has become everything; whatever I see is only a form of God. It is He alone who has become Maya, the universe, and all living beings.

Nothing exists but God.'

thanks

May Lord KRISHNA bless u