IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
brinthan

Brahma and Vishnu

Rate this topic

I'm a bit confused about Brahma (the god with four heads, not brahmins) and God.

I read somewhere in this site that everything came out of brahma (theory of breath of brahman, same as the big bang theory). And Vishnu, Shiva, and every god was formed from brahma which was the great singularity. Because it was all alone, it started to take forms, like playing a game. Therefore stating that we are the universe and universe is us, and all these are games. Once you get to realize that you are the brahman, you'll be parabrahman. Everything will go back to parabrahman, and then again the brahman will start to play the game.

However, I read also that we and the supreme god Vishnu were together once in the spiritual world. Because we've got ego, such that why do god get to enjoy everything? why can't we enjoy it, we are like god, why can't we? And therefore, Krishna created an illusion. We are here to because we had material desire. And once we realize that we have made a mistake, and want to go back home, we will go to spiritual world with Krishna.

I've seen statues and read that Brahma came from the novel of Vishnu. That Vishnu created the brahma.

Now what I don't understand is, is the Brahma, the great singularity and the brahma who came from the novel of the Vishnu the same? Or did the Brahma, the great singularity created everything including Vishnu and other gods? Is that why some people say that we are all god, but we didn't realize it yet? Please some one clear my doubt, I posted a post like this before, but I think no one understand it because I confused them with Brahmins and Brahman. I'm talking about Brahma, the great singularity. Not Brahmins!!!, not priests!!!

Guest guest

from the naval of mahavishu grew a lotus

on top of which grew brahma with four heads.

thus vishnu is brahmaa and then his job is to create.

now brahma or brahman is the impersonal conception or aspect of vishnu. thos who think god has no form and is impersonal think of god as brahma or brahman, not as a person.

brahmana is a class in vedic society.

brahmanas study the vedic literature and they guide the society how to practice dharma corrctly.