IndiaDivine.org

science in vedas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Earth goes around sun or sun goes around earth? When west was burning people who said the former, Indians knew the truth earlier. Aryabhatta gave this beautifully in a sloga. He called it as “Laghava gahurava nyaya”. Laghu means little one. Laghava means adjective of laghu. Opposite to laghava is guru or gurava. Bhatta said sun is guru of earth. So earth does prathaatshina around sun, that is earth goes around sun, like how a disciple goes around his guru.

Sun sets or rises? When west believed so, when bible said so rig veda disputed this earlier. In jathareya bhrammanyam it said “sun never sets,never rises”

Earth revolves or not? Neelakanta dikshitha said so earlier. In sivothkarsha manjari he sung “boomer bhramyathi”. That sloga talks about 8 people involved in a yagna earth,water Fire,air,sky,sun,moon. It says that except sun all the other things revolve. Only sun doesn’t revolve.

Was earth round or flat?First the flat rule prevailed in Christianity. Then people thought it to be round.Now they say it is elliptical. Only satellite pictures made them to find out correct shape of earth. But how do we call earth in Hinduism? We call that as “bookol”

Even the universe is elliptical(egg shape) That was why universe is called as bhrammandam(big egg)

Mehru is in northern most corner of earth. There we have 6 months day and 6 months night. Is this a myth? No.

Northernmost corner is northpole. There a day is actually six days long and night is 6 days long.

Vedas and Puranas are full of science, but most of us don't see it that way. Let me break it down... I read those in Tamil, so I don't know the names in Hindi.

In Mahabharat, Thuriyothana and his 99 brothers were test tube babies. Their mom, because she couldn't have children, took the blood and put it in 100 perl boxes or something. And then they came.

Sage Vishvamithra is a scientist. He created a Satellite called Thrisangu Sorga and sent a man with the normal dress we wear (not the one's astronauts wear), and that Thrisangu Sorga went up to the space and started to orbit there.

When the other country was about to declare a war on the country he was living when it was so poor and struggling. He created 100 tigers, 100 elephant, 100 lions and sent them into the other country --> Cloning.

In Mahabharat, for Thuriyothana's father, a guy is telling him from the castle what is happening in the war. It's said that that guy had a miracle eyes or something by which he saw the war. But, Thuriyothana's father is the blind one, he should have the miracle eye more than the other guy. Now what is mentioned as the miracle eye? Tele vision.

A weapon which spits fire? a missile.

And in Ramayana and Mahabharat, the nuclear bomb is being explained correctly. I heard that Nasa has published a science book which it dedicated to the sages who lived in India. I haven't read all the puranas or Vedas, but if you read them and think it from this perspective, you can see a lot of scientific things that has been in use in Dwarapara Yoga or the yoga before. I think that there were a nuclear war (mahabharat probably) which destroyed all the things and then the people who were left started to build everything from the beginning.

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

i would like to know more abt the scientific heritage of our india....i also have a small knowledge abt this ...so if u can mail me more abt this subject i will be happy ....

Guest guest

info, glorifying India and giving more credit to India than it is due as far as science goes.

As far as I know, Nasa has never released anything dedicated to Vedic sages. Why would they?

Also, you guys seem to be trying to pervert the spirituality present in the Mahabharata into something more materialistic. In a way, you're insulting hinduism by trying to glorify it! By putting a materialistic spin on Hinduism, you're stripping the Mahabharata, India, and Hinduism itself of the mysticism that it is often associated with.

Guest guest

Of course the Western world won't give credit to India. Why would they want to take anything away from themselves?? India was an advanced civilisation. There are some weird mystic people that take things out of context but science did exist in India way before it did in the west!

Plastic surgery and surgical procedures existed there. Have you ever looked at Vedic maths?? The west is beginning to recognise all this. NASA is not going to say we get all our knowledge from India.

My perception of India today is not that of glory but that of pity - the mentality there is diabolical, they remain slaves to the western world. Ancient India on the other hand offers more to the modern world than is appreciated by many.

Do your research before you talk.

whats next? we all used to be blue skinned and evolved in brown?

there was an advanced science being learned in ancient india, more advanced than in most if not all the rest of the world. but i will not go so far as to say missles, astronauts, test tube babies, cloning....what r u talking about? do u really believe this?

the other poster is right in saying that you are insulting hinduism by taking it out of context and trying to glorify it. If hinduism and India is so great, then let it be. The greatness will be exposed in due time. Dont try to convince other people that india is so great that 2000 years ago, they had an incredibly complex, advanced, futuristic way of life that we today are having trouble with.

Sure you may have read of missles, but missles not in the same sense we use them. anything thrown can be a missle. any projectile is a missle. a spear can be called a missle, a rock, an arrow. an fire tipped arrow can be a missle that causes fire. doesnt mean its a nuclear bomb or anything like that.

You do much discredit to those that are trying to establish the truthful greatness of ancient india in mainstream society by overexagerating and blindly believeing and teaching flase precepts. Please dont. Just accept god and the truth and be happy.

I think your post was very good. But I got question for you. Weren't you the guy that said a thing like Aryan languages came from Aghanistan area and called Afghanistan India? why not including Persia and Kazachstan too? Since when was Afghanistan India ( because Mauryas took over from Greeks for periode ?) Please clarify from genuine history , not purana why and WHEN Afganistan was part of India.

afghanistan wasnt part of india since there wasnt a unified india until recently. what i meant was that the afghanistan region was very unlike today. they were much more receptive to indian culture and followed indian culture more than they did middle eastern culture. it was only after the invasion of the muslims (gaznavids) from persia that afghanistan became an islamic nation. before then, they were heavily buddhist, hindu and zoroastrian.

i didnt say aryan languages came from, i dont know where they came from. it could be the outer reaches of ancient indian culture (which would be eastern iran and afghanistan) or it could be from central asia somewhere or maybe even europe. i dont know.

as for persia and kazachstan, i dont know much about kazachstan. i know it was heavily influenced by turkic islam for a long time, but other than that i dont know. the eastern border of persia was heavily influenced by india and the western side by arabia but the persians had their own culture as well. their major religion pre-islam was zoroastrianism which is considered by most scholars as reformist movement out of vedism, mch like buddhism out of brahamanism.

so to answer a question like why, i couldnt tell you. by god's graces. when is a differnet thing. before islam in 642 AD the afghani kingdoms were more receptive to indian culture, including the brahmanism and buddhism of the time. bactria and ghandharva are two well known regions within afghanistan interacted heavily with the kingdoms of the subcontinent.

I think you're mistaken - Bharat (which is now India's official name) was a vast land! Over time it broke up but initially it was a part of 'India' and Hindus lived there. Next you'll say that Pakistan wasn't a part of India. The Indus Valley is where Hindus get their name from. Yes India was ruled by many 'local' kings but it was still a part of Bharat, In fact until recently Inida was large and united as a piece of land where Hindus lived (ie before other religious groups emerged/attacked).

was a name used by indians to refer to the extent of the area of their culture. yes i agree with u. in dia is a small part of that, which included pakistan and afghanistan.

but what i was saying is different. i was saying that afghanistan was not part of a politically unified india but was part of a culturally diverse yet unified indian subcontienent, which you, and many others, call bharat.

i blieve its just miscommunication. to clear it up...

afghanistan is part of 'bharat' a land that comprised present day india, pakistan, nepal, bhutan, afghanistan, eastern iran, bangladesh, southern china and western myanmar. perhaps there are also a couple of small parts of the country north of india into central asia, of that i am not sure.

Also, you guys seem to be trying to pervert the spirituality present in the Mahabharata into something more materialistic. In a way, you're insulting hinduism by trying to glorify it! By putting a materialistic spin on Hinduism, you're stripping the Mahabharata, India, and Hinduism itself of the mysticism that it is often associated with.

What is wrong with glorifying Hindusm?

What is this "Materialistic spin" as you speak of? I don't see it.

Frankly speaking, I think you are either a Muslim, Christian or a foolish atheist who trying hard to riddicule Hindusm.

Hindus should remember that both Christians AND Muslims had worked together for almost 250 years in attempt to make Hindus feel ashamed toward their own pasts, stating all those puranas and spiritual beliefs are just fairy tales and needs not to be believed in.

Atheists are pure foolishness embodiments ... they will do anything and sell anything (even their Souls) in order to protect their own foolish beliefs.

Thus, I appraise those who continue to research Ancient History of Hindusm and educate them to new generations who do not know their own History. That is the only way Hindus can fight back adharma (Christians, Islam and Atheists) for now, at least till Kalki comes and help out.

one should not try hard to glorify the hindu religion. religion is a touchy topic and everyone has their beliefs. it is not by showing the greatness of hinduism proudly that others will see the greatness. it is by actually BEING great. we must reform some of the things we do. we must be less ritualistic and try harder to understadn the spirituality and the philosophy. im not saying everyone is like this nor am i saying that we must rid ourselfs of all rituals.

but i feel we are too focused on that. once we turly change and become more great, people will see it and naturally glory will come to it.

Does not hinduism say break bonds with your desires? break bonds with your desires to see hinduism glorified among the world. just let it be and when the truth is revelaed for all to know, hinduism will take its rightful place.

In the meantime, trying to glorify a religion as so great to a world that doesnt truly understand it will only come off as being arrogant, stupid and overzealous. first teach the truth of hinduism and let people see the glory to be seen.

"What is wrong with glorifying Hindusm?

What is this "Materialistic spin" as you speak of? I don't see it.

Frankly speaking, I think you are either a Muslim, Christian or a foolish atheist who trying hard to riddicule Hindusm.

Hindus should remember that both Christians AND Muslims had worked together for almost 250 years in attempt to make Hindus feel ashamed toward their own pasts, stating all those puranas and spiritual beliefs are just fairy tales and needs not to be believed in.

Atheists are pure foolishness embodiments ... they will do anything and sell anything (even their Souls) in order to protect their own foolish beliefs.

Thus, I appraise those who continue to research Ancient History of Hindusm and educate them to new generations who do not know their own History. That is the only way Hindus can fight back adharma (Christians, Islam and Atheists) for now, at least till Kalki comes and help out. "

I'm a Hindu. I'm glad I'm a Hindu. I'm proud to be one, and I believe in much of the Mahabharata and Ramayana. I also think that those who glorify Indian "science" are looking more towards a materialistic science, which is where I disagee. India had different weapons than the nuclear bomb and other weapons we know of today. Those weapons, I believe, were more sound and spiritual-based, as opposed to today's weapons. In other words, ancient India, I believe, had the spiritual analog to today's modern technology.

I believe the same effect can be achieved through various means. Simply identifying a means to achieve an effect doesn't mean that another means is equally valid. This is why I have problems with the idea of disproving mysticism and exposing them as hoaxes. Simply because many of the effects that are achieved through mysticism can be achieved through illusory physical tactics or basic science, does not mean that the mystic was fooling his followers. At least, it doesn't necessarily mean such a thing, IMHO.

You the only person I know, whose statement generate the word "Nonsense" so much. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

but i feel we are too focused on that. once we turly change and become more great, people will see it and naturally glory will come to it.

Excuse me ... mind coming out of your nutshell and see the world properly or not? Or did you born blind and deaf? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

"We" are NOT changing anything by sitting like a frog on a lilypad, waiting for rain to come while the pond is drying up.

Christian missionaries are attacking viciously, trying to promote Christianity. Muslims are trying to chop little by little the land non-Muslims owns - Kashmir, West Bank, South Philiphines etc. And Atheists openly attack Hindusm and weakening it with stupidity. And this problems are growing yearly.

Does not hinduism say break bonds with your desires? break bonds with your desires to see hinduism glorified among the world. just let it be and when the truth is revelaed for all to know, hinduism will take its rightful place.

Desire to glorify God's words (Vedas and the Gita) is service to God, NOT one's own desire. Living one's life properly (accordance to Laws of Moses) IS service to God, NOT about fullfilling one's own desires.

By that context, encouranging Hindus to glorify Hindusm IS service to God and not fullfilling one's own desires. He who Lives and Loves God will be Loved and Kept by God as well.

In the meantime, trying to glorify a religion as so great to a world that doesnt truly understand it will only come off as being arrogant, stupid and overzealous. first teach the truth of hinduism and let people see the glory to be seen.

Wrong ... the World DO understand it perfectly because Hindusm (unlike some false religions) centres around Logic, Love and Faith. People WILL understand it better than you can. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

And proof that the World will understand it lies in fact that a lot of Scientific Knowledge and Spiritual principles had influenced the world for past thousands of years and the World had accepted it back then. It will do so again, as Hindus work to clear misconception and bring it to the World's attention.

-----

but what i was saying is different. i was saying that afghanistan was not part of a politically unified india but was part of a culturally diverse yet unified indian subcontienent, which you, and many others, call bharat.

i blieve its just miscommunication. to clear it up...

afghanistan is part of 'bharat' a land that comprised present day india, pakistan, nepal, bhutan, afghanistan, eastern iran, bangladesh, southern china and western myanmar. perhaps there are also a couple of small parts of the country north of india into central asia, of that i am not sure.-------

I understand but I think claiming Afghanistan as Indian cultural zone first is not valid if accept genuine history. Before Indian influence it was Persian influences and then it became very greek ( 4 century BC)with much hellenism art and culture. So then it was better to say it was earlier outer reach of Greek and part of hellenistic world.

Later on it became under influence of Maurya kingdom with buddhism and then quickly greco-bactrian kingdom came ( 3 century BC ) Earlier Hellenistic was combined with buddhism and great art flourished. The first Buddhastatues in greek style introduces buddhas and sculpture art to India.

it depends on how one wants to classify it. Vedism and Zoroastrianism are two brothers born of the same mother. They are very closely related and it is believed that zoroastrianism was an early social reform of Vedism (1700 BC), much like Buddhism out of Brahamanism.

With Zoroastriansm flourishing in western pakistan, afghanistan and eawstern iran...and vedism flourishing in eastern pakistan and north india, the cultures of the areas are very similar. Over time they grew in their own way as the rift between the religions did lead to skirmishes and independant evolution of the two areas. Hence, the origin of the deva/asura conflicts. Devas are gods in Vedism while asuras are demons. Ahuras are gods in Zoroastrianism while daevas are demons.

So if you consider them completely differnt cultures, then afghanistan cannot be placed in the same category as india but more as a close relative. Sort of like chinese and japanese. but one could still say they are both in the mongoloian sphere of influence. that is why i said they were in the same sphere.

Subhas Kak wrote a very good article on the pre-zoroastrian religions of persia and how they closely resemble vedism. If that is the case, then that region is also close culturally to Vedic India. After Zoroastrianism, they grew on their own and then the persian influence and greek influence started. At one point they were very similar tho. Much like modern day india and pakistan. Although, genetically we are pretty much the same as pakistanis, culturally, our cultures are differed over the years although we started out the same.

---It depends on how one wants to classify it. Vedism and Zoroastrianism are two brothers born of the same mother. They are very closely related and it is believed that zoroastrianism was an early social reform of Vedism (1700 BC), much like Buddhism out of Brahamanism.---

I agree about same root and culture of old Iran and vedic India only 'it is believed that vedism is oldest' is not common.Most experts say it is more a bit reverse on genuine grounds. I have to stop participation for some time. Peace.

finding out which is older depends on who you talk to. much of internal context of the vedas indicates that it was from a time much earlier than the popular european belief that the aryans invaded with the vedas in 1500 BC. alot of references of astronomical events date back thousands of years before that and the many references to the saraswathi river, a river that dried away and disappeared in 1900 BC reveal that they must have been there to know of that river AT LEAST before 1900 BC.

Also, read the article by Subhash Kak. "Vedic religion in ancient Iran and Zarathustra". it will give you insight into what was there before zoroastranism....even if one thinks about it, it makes some sense. zoroastranism was a reform movement out of an earlier religion into one focusing on worship of the mind and intelligeence. whereas earlier, vedic religion, if it is the case, is focused on worshipping nature as its main focus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Dear friend,

I found your mail very interesting. I shall be thankful if you can send me the exact references. Name of the Vedas and page Number etc.

I am a historian. It will help me to support the issue of Science in Vedas (Indian Culture).

With my best regards

yours sincerely

Dr. rajinder singh

{Vedism and Zoroastrianism are two brothers born of the same mother. They are very closely related and it is believed that zoroastrianism was an early social reform of Vedism (1700 BC), much like Buddhism out of Brahamanism.}

I recently saw a documentary on the BBC that stated that Zoraster was born as an Aryan Brahmin. He was therefore a follower of Vedism and later formed his own religion. The programme went on to state that the idea of the single God of Monotheism, was in Zorastrianism before Abrahamic faiths and although not seen part of the Abrahamic tradition, they have alot to owe to it.

It's interesting to see how once followers of the Vedic religion or Hinduism, form their own religions and retain some similarities. Examples such as Zoraster, Mahavir, Buddha and Guru Nanak.

Western science keeps trying to prove or disprove God. The thing is: God is not a material being! All that western science does is prove what's in the physical world not spiritual. And atheists are probably the most annoying people in the world (sorry for generalizing), they only believe in themselves and think they're greater than everyone else and insult anyone who believes in a god when they can't even prove or disprove that one even exists. Look at the Vedas does anyone outside of the Hindu religion even realize it's today's science? Isn't there something in there about the end world happening by the sun swallowing the Earth? Somehow they know this stuff and western science is just now figuring this out?