IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Hadiths - Muslim and Bukhari - To MUSLIM

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

I wanted to know whether these are authentic. As posted in another thread that Bukhari and Muslim Hadiths are generally considered authentic.

http://www.muslimaccess.com/sunnah/hadeeth/bukhari/062.html

-------------------------

Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Book 62:

Wedlock, Marriage (Nikaah)

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 137:

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:

We got female captives in the war booty and we used to do coitus interruptus with them. So we asked Allah's Apostle about it and he said, "Do you really do that?" repeating the question thrice, "There is no soul that is destined to exist but will come into existence, till the Day of Resurrection."

--------------------------

Translation of Sahih Muslim, Book 8:

The Book of Marriage (Kitab Al-Nikah)

Chapter 22: AL AZL (INCOMPLETE SEXUAL INTERCOURSE): COITUS INTERRUPTUS

---------------------------

Book 008, Number 3371:

Abu Sirma said to Abu Sa'id al Khadri (Allah he pleased with him): 0 Abu Sa'id, did you hear Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) mentioning al-'azl? He said: Yes, and added: We went out with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) on the expedition to the Bi'l-Mustaliq and took captive some excellent Arab women; and we desired them, for we were suffering from the absence of our wives, (but at the same time) we also desired ransom for them. So we decided to have sexual intercourse with them but by observing 'azl (Withdrawing the male sexual organ before emission of semen to avoid-conception). But we said: We are doing an act whereas Allah's Messenger is amongst us; why not ask him? So we asked Allah's Mes- senger (may peace be upon him), and he said: It does not matter if you do not do it, for every soul that is to be born up to the Day of Resurrection will be born.

The above passage was rejected as not authentic by a muslim with UserName = muslim in my previous message.

Again he mentioned that MUSLIM and Bukhari as authentic, while in my previous post the last verse(exact same verse) from "Muslim Hadith" was quoted he said that it was not authentic. It is not clear to me what "UserName = Muslim" wants to say in this regard.

So my question on Islam's Prophet about his character and on Islam itself still stands. Again I am not doing this out of hypocricy or atleast I aspire notto be a hypocrite.

About Sahih Muslim:

http://www.muslimaccess.com/sunnah/hadeeth/muslim/sahih_muslim.html

Introduction to Translation of Sahih Muslim

Translator: Abdul Hamid Siddiqui

---------------------------

Sahih Muslim is a collection of sayings and deeds of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) (also known as the sunnah). The reports of the Prophet's sayings and deeds are called ahadith. Muslim lived a couple of centuries after the Prophet's death and worked extremely hard to collect his ahadith. Each report in his collection was checked for compatibility with the Qur'an, and the veracity of the chain of reporters had to be painstakingly established. Muslim's collection is recognized by the overwhelming majority of the Muslim world to be one of the most authentic collections of the Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh).

Muslim (full name Abul Husain Muslim bin al-Hajjaj al-Nisapuri) was born in 202 A.H. and died in 261 A.H. He travelled widely to gather his collection of ahadith, including to Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Egypt. Out of 300,000 ahadith which he evaluated, only 4,000 approximately were extracted for inclusion into his collection based on stringent acceptance criteria. Muslim was a student of Bukhari.

It is important to realize, however, that Muslim's collection is not complete: there are other scholars who worked as Muslim did and collected other authentic reports.

About Bukhari:

http://www.muslimaccess.com/sunnah/hadeeth/bukhari/Sahih-al-Bukhari.html

Introduction to Translation of Sahih Bukhari

Translator: M. Muhsin Khan

Sahih Bukhari is a collection of sayings and deeds of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), also known as the sunnah. The reports of the Prophet's sayings and deeds are called ahadeeth. Bukhari lived a couple of centuries after the Prophet's death and worked extremely hard to collect his ahadeeth. Each report in his collection was checked for compatibility with the Qur'an, and the veracity of the chain of reporters had to be painstakingly established. Bukhari's collection is recognized by the overwhelming majority of the Muslim world to be one of the most authentic collections of the Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh).

Bukhari (full name Abu Abdullah Muhammad bin Ismail bin Ibrahim bin al-Mughira al-Ja'fai) was born in 194 A.H. and died in 256 A.H. His collection of hadeeth is considered second to none. He spent sixteen years compiling it, and ended up with 2,602 hadeeth (9,082 with repetition). His criteria for acceptance into the collection were amongst the most stringent of all the scholars of ahadeeth.

It is important to realize, however, that Bukhari's collection is not complete: there are other scholars who worked as Bukhari did and collected other authentic reports.

Sahih Bukhari is divided into nine volumes, each of which has several books. Each book contains many ahadeeth. The ahadeeth are numbered consecutively per volume. The books really only serve to group ahadeeth together, but the volumes impose the numbering.

Brother

I said in the previous thread :"First of all tha hadith quoted is not authentic, but anyway the question you ask is connected with Islam that whether is it permissible to have sex with slave women!"

In the last thread you gave it from a different reference, and now its from muslim-hadith! I didnt say its not authentic from my side, when i had a look at the link you prescribed in the previous thread, the link itself says that its not authentic.

Regarding "having concubine" it is allowed in islam, and i have answered it already in the previous thread!

Brother you have to understand that it was the practise in earlier times, when women are widowed coz of wars. Who is going to take care of them? You can marry them if you want! and if you cant afford you can have her and bear all her cost of living!

For detail discussion, refer my previous thread! please

Allah knows best!

These questions, on Hindu-Muslim conflict, never seem to get resolved and discussions tend to go around in circles. We are closing this, and the other thread. If you wish to continue your dialogue with each other, perhaps you could exchange email addresses.