IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Jagat

Malati's Vyasa Puja offering

Rate this topic

From Malati devi

I recall an intimate moment when you increased the mystique of your being here among us foolish"boys and girls." Nonchalantly recalling how as a child you "always got your way," you proceeded to tell a little vignette about your desire for a cowboy pistol. Finally, after much insistence, your father complied and bought you a toy gun. But you were not to be satisfied until you had two guns, one for each hand.

"Oh," said Harsaräni, "you were a cowboy!" With complete gravity, you replied, "Yes." At that second, no one was thinking of you and the Wild West. We just knew you were speaking about being with Krsna and the cows in Vrndävana. We were only spiritual toddlers at best (it was '67 or '68), but you mercifully gave us a glimpse into your heart. I felt very small being there with you at that moment.

After that incident, the same devotee penned a short poem about you. In it she described you as playing leapfrog in a pasture with Krsna and the cows and other gopas. It seemed funny and frivolous to us, yet you gravely remarked, "She has become advanced," and ordered that it be printed in Back to Godhead magazine. As the ocean can only be described as very, very deep, you are also very, very deep. Sitting there with you at that moment, I felt very, very shallow.