IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Is Prabhupada a messiah independent from the tradition???

Rate this topic

Is Srila Prabhupada the great Messiah separate from the Vedic parampara tradition? Is he Jesus,Muhamad,God and Krishna all rolled up into one? Why have some of his followers Deified him into this kind of God? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Yes, because He is united with Krsna he is deified. Spiritual master is the embodiment of the spiritual world. But that is not separate from the vedic sampradaya traditon as I understand it, that is the vedic sampradaya tradition.

Other similarly situated persons can be seen in the same way. Such persons are unlimited in number and only appear rare to us because of our fallen status.

What's the problem? Does it bother you to see his disciples worship him and exalt him in this way? Some of them feel they can never properly glorify their guru no matter what they do.

The problem arises when they fail to allow for similar feelings in others towards their guru. Then we have guru wars, "my guru is better than your guru,". This is childish. It is also why I feel it is immmature to preach a specific guru. Preach Krsna and allow others to be lead to the guru Krsna has for them and stay out of the way of that. Its none of our business if someone chooses to stick solely to Prabhupada's books or instead includes other works or accepts Narayana Maharaja as siksa guru or whatever. Some may be lead to a babaji lifestyle and others to a preaching lifestyle. That's between them and Krsna. Both have their cheaters and genuine teachers.

Back to Prabhupada for example. Many feel a special allegiance to him because it was this particular soul that risk so much and worked so hard for their own well being.So why should their gratitude not increase? Along with their growing appreciation for Krsna consciousness will naturally come a growing appreciation for their spiritual master.

Some plants grow better next to other plants. Some grow well in mixed environments. All need some room for individuality as each plant still needs to take in its own sunshine and root itself well in soil of bhakti.

Please give each other some room for growth and stop crowding each other in this matter so much. Mahaprabhu is the expert gardener. He is in control and we should not doubt it.

Guest guest

Dear prabhu,

Please contact me at this address:

bjp@global.co.za

...in connection with this that you wrote:

>>>>

On the other hand, I believe there are a couple of ofiical ISKCON gurus who may be willing to offer initiation to devotees to connect them with Srila Prabhupada.

There's another I know of who gives initiation strictly as a connecion with Srila Prabhupada and who does not act as guru. I've met this devotees briefly on a couple of occasions, but those who know him better than I do attest to his scholarship, devotion to Srila Prabhupada, and his tireless preaching. I think this indicates there may be others, as well. I won't name either of them here, but anyone who wants to contact them may ask me privately.

>>>>

Yours sincerely,

Brian