IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

white chocolate!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hare krishna,

all glories to srila prabhupada

i wanted to know whether can we consume white chocolate.

and if no y no?

pls reply.

hari bol.

Guest guest

Haribol!

im curious about it aswell,

we are allowed the normal chocolate maltesers, but not allowed the white chocolate flavour, duno why though

Guest guest

HAre Krishna

Anything which contains intoicants like Cocoa.......we should not take...........We should be prepared atleast to lead a life like our fellow Vaisnavas .

No Acharya of any sect has any form of chocolate.......So......it is logical to follow the footsteos of the Vaisnava Acaryas.......

HAre krishna

All glories to Prabhupada

Bala

Guest guest

Haribol

I've asked this before to some Bramhachari friends.

White chocolate is the only type of 'standard / non-carob' chocolate that doesn't have caffinee. However, it is still cooked by Karmi's, and will have an effect on your conciousness.

It depends on what level of practice you are trying to maintain. But why not maintain the best? Why hold back on Krishna?

Regarding "we are allowed the normal chocolate maltesers", i'm pretty sure that's 100% false, and i'd say that it will have cocoa in it.

However, everyone has different standards. For example, I know some people who eat crisps, while I personally eat roasted peanuts/chashews from time to time.

If you decide that you do want to eat chocolate, I recommend that you at least buy it from an organic supermarket type place that has carob, I'm sure the conciousness of the people who produce for those stores is at least a little better than the average karmi... but who knows.

Eating foods cooked by Karmi's can cause you to fall. Be careful prabhu!

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

Its Have Been Found Out Dat We Can Consume White Chocolate.

Heres A Recipes For White Chocolate Mousse

Ingrds:

250 Gms White Chocolate

250 Gms Whip Cream

Method:

Whip The Double Cream.

Melt The Chocolate Over A Bouble Boiler.

In A Bowl Mix Both.

Pipe Out In Glasses Or Bowls.

Decorate With Whipped Cream

Chill N Serve.

sounds delish that last recipe. of course we can have white chocolate!

omg i almost died when i read the above post about a "fall down". u can eat sweet things cooked by karmis (like candies, chocolates etc) it is salty things and grains u should worry about.

there are pujaris here (ill keep them nameless for their privacy) who have always eaten chocolates. and they have been steady in their service for 20 years without wavering. we must be so careful to make sweeping generalizations.

devotees should worry about their own salvation instead of tying to control others.

haribol

However, it is still cooked by Karmi's, and will have an effect on your conciousness.

Indeed that is a quick way to become infected with someone else's modes - eat that which is made by them!

In defense of the white chocolate - it's made by machines - like most packaged candies etc., so get it and offer it - we offer other things made by karmis don't we?

YS,

BDM

Guest guest

one devotee had a chocolate bar and was hiding it till SP noticed this and said: "so you are not going to give me any?". i have heard that in 70´s devotees used to use chocolate for offerings, but when they became too much addicted they had to give it up. if you look from vedabase you cannot find much about cocoa or chocolate. so i think one can take chocolate sometimes if necessary. atleast my sadhana is not spoiled if i take chocolate. but i take it only sometimes because it stimulates central nervous system'