IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Should Puranas be taught as Theology or Mythology?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What is your opinion! Are the puranas meant to be taken literally? Why or why not? The Gaudiya Vaishnava branch does have theological discourse. But I've also seen it refered to as mythology. So which is it? In vaishnava religious schools how would it be taught, mythology or theology?

Vaishnava Theology

Krishnology

Hindu mythology

in someway or the other is not at all easy to recall that all teachers are in some kind representatives of paramätma´s body, anyway, if your classroom teacher is authoritative u can go on recordin each classs and the stream is been allways available more than lirerary.

As I see it

ISCKON is a vaishnava school.. when i get to know about the mythology having accepted Srila´s mission is like taking the mythology as theology.

it depends on where and for what it been thaught.

What you mean by myth?

That the world was not created by 'the big bang'?

That Dinosaurs exsisted long before humans?

That Evolution is proven to be real?

You need to find out for yourself. I mean REALLY be a seeker. Not a sheep. Baba. I seen to many so-called scientists who are sheeps. They have become conditoned to think a certain way. When you tell them something 'commen sence' they say 'oh have a bear'. Lets do religion in a scientific way, and study it carefully. NO FEAR. JESUS H CHRIST. Why are you scared we Have Nitai-Gauranga.

What are you fearing?:)

Ps The world was Not created by a big band why? Find out.

What are Dinosaurs and what purpose does it fulfil for us to know about them? Find out.

What is evolution, and why does it exsist? Find out.

A Christian Thoelogian: `One thing is certain. One is required to lay aside his "common sense" in order to accept the foregoing incomprehensible speculation.`

The Big Bang Theory vs. God