IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

alcohol

Rate this topic

Guest guest

where in the Vedas do it says that alcohol is a banned substance. not what Sríla Prbhupada says now, but where acctually it says its a abnned beverage.

jagai and madai drank alcohol, so the westerns didnt take it to India. in every time people have used substances to reach different planes of mental awarness, sound, drinks, herbs, fasts and so forth.

schamans and wise sages have allways used holy plants to reache higher planes of existence, even Lord Síva smokes chillum.

would like real answers now, not dumb herassing ones, real answers from the Vedas.

thnX!

Guest guest

Hare Krishna.

Alacohol is banned because it affects our consciousness in a negative way. That's all.

A drunk person says and does things that he will regret later. Thus alcohol puts us in a kind of illusion, which will make us do bad things.

A drunk person is not allowed to drive, as it would make the driver easily cause an accident.

All in-toxicants are bad in this way, thus no in-toxicants.

you´re right..

But i merely figure that it´s may posible to those be positive to a conditioned soul not recomendable.. if you do not know nothing from in the Vedas, maybe one can fall down to it.

For shure intoxicants are tied to the material reactions this carries, at some point end sometimes guidin people to open conciousness etc.. while i found this at the same time arrasing just to hang onto a blind faith find out of way that why i think it is said clear answers from the Vedas.

This is a nice matter because if some one serches out i think those power plants and other chillums and magikMushrooms arrownd creation i may say that, remember where created at the time when Shiva sankara started swallowin the poison to save the living entities and all is like the pure drops of it, the dops of the poison handle to fell off Shiva Sankara hands and so started to form midsts of snakes and also other living entities as you see, scopions etc..

So obviously it interesting.

I read not much time ago The teaching of Don Juan.

Nice book talkin arrownd the teaching of the power plants...

So, see yah !

haribol!

Guest guest

ok still no good answer from the Vedas, you all just say like a mantra that it is sense gratification and its hallow, I asked where in the Vedas it says its banned, not from your personal view still. all you allways say sense gratification allways and are so afraid of it and its starting to become an mantra now, if you cant answer EXACTLY where please do not answer it at all..

on the Ajur Vedas it says that smoking that leeds to the rise of the intelligence and purification of the body is the smoking in satta guna, and there are Vedic nirdosh ciggarettes, so there are answer to smoking is allowed in the Vedas, so where wxactly thus it say that alcohol is banned?

im not intressted in your personal views, sorru no bein offensive now. all you do is sense gratification as long you like it, BUT you can use it in the service of the Lord, then the same thing with alcohol and such? its easyer to meditate on chillum for example..

Please let us not forget the soma-rasa , which is enjoyed by the inhabitants of the higher planets .

Moreover there is also the pastime of the Varuni-nectar , which gave way to the intoxication of Balarama .

He would get so furious that he wanted to chastize the personified Yamuna-river ...

Guest guest

u are always saying sensegratification like an mantra, but not even a bona fide answer from the Vedas.. Lord Buddha said that one shouldnt belief anything because others do or one family or nation, but to be ones own candle of truth..

Guest guest

Lord Buddha said that one shouldnt belief anything because others do or one family or nation, but to be ones own candle of truth***

Perhaps, but if you don't believe fire burns when others tell you, what happens? When you don't believe that poison kills and try to find out for yourself, what happens? You can give million such instances where 'free thinking' leads to disaster and the acceptance of authority a safer approach.

Lord Buddha said that one shouldnt belief anything***

So you believe what buddha said. Interesting!

Guest guest

no i dont.. but still where in the Vedas does it say no alcohol? that was the orginal question, i you all here just wanna argue but still u cant answer the question.. i dint wanna debate the thing, i wanna a clear answer from the vedas.. but how can u hold on always to the vedas if u dont even know what it say?

answer the quetsion and dont debatte

Guest guest

so you're looking for a verse in the vedas that says "don't drink alcohol"

was alcohol even around during that time ??? thats like trying to find a verse that says "don't eat lobster"...some of the instructions in the vedas aren't as clear cut.

Is alcohol needed to get closer to Krishna?----> NO

so no need to use it...there's your simple answer

Guest guest

still no answer from the vedas, yes alcohol was around then and have always bee.. sum sort of drugs has always been around human society.. ramakrishna said that if u drink, drink for god and in the end u will be drunk on gods love alone..

i dont need to drink, i just wanna a bona fide answer from the vedas, sum answer, sorry but ur personal view dosnt matter..

Guest guest

Some things are tacitly understood. If veda says dont do wrong, every wrong act is included, you cannot expect veda to specifically mention alcohol or anything else. That's ridiculous. Veda didn't condemn suicide bombing, are you going to become a suicide bomber because the veda didn't explicitly condemn? If it isn't explicit, you must assume it's implicit in other moral statements. Veda gives general statements, it is up to you to use your brain to grasp the particulars.

Guest guest

now we gettin where i want this to go.. so i can be a Krsna devoutee in the begginning and drink alcohol until my heart is cleansed so i get higher taste.. isnt drinking alcohol more a dirty habit then sense gratification?

Guest guest

so you're admitting you have a problem with alcohol or what?

you want to drink and worship Krishna until He frees you of this "dirty habit" ?

It's your job to give up alcohol and go to Krishna.

As in China there where the ancient costume arrownd the Asiatic costumes to put the rice beverage under fermentation an i dont remember if it requires to be under earth anyway.

However Lord Buddha clarifies it also with the vedic filosofy, because on those times people where aparently avidly missusing the vedanta to make sacrifices as to kill the animals as sacrifice and so on.

Then Lord Buddha apeared there to make it clear.

That the sacrifice means not to kill nor to indulge in sense gratification.. That i think maybe something out of sense as for the Ascetic Lord Buddha example to the society, But i really didnot know if this Lord Buddha teaches brahmacharia and so on all the Vedic sruti to the people anyway..

/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Guest guest

Haribol,

Just listen to the bonafide acharya. They come from a line that dates back all the way to Krishna. Don't be misled by the flowery language of the Vedas like Krishna Himself says in the Gita. Instead in all humility and submission listen to the instructions of the guru and follow them. That is the road to perfection. All bonafide gurus say: No intoxication. Therefore no alcohol is permitted, so forget about soma juices being used all the time in the Vedas and whatever else. Intoxication will never take you closer to Krishna, do you really think Krishna will come to you as cheap like that? YOU have to show you want to go to Him, you can never make Him come to you by using whatever drugs no matter what the stoners say. So just follow guru's instructions and don't waste your time trying to confirm things by the authority of the Vedas, our guru's have already done that for you. Just have faith in them is all.

Haribol!

Srila Prabhupäda has told so nice, i remember in the Karma Yoga chapter about it exists the Pseudo Devotion to the shaivits devotees (them go on tellin shivo ham shivo ham, i am shiva) that is right, but i can´t know the deep root that it takes in the vedas, that´s why i commited along in followin Don Juan´s teachin - PrabhupÄda refers to the chilum smokin, as with the mushrooms the effect is otherwise diferent because its being chewed anyway, i wonder what is told about vedas couse the truth is that Krsna coincoiusness is not a manufacured realization, so this is pure than no other soma other than krsna lïla most be realized.. other wise its posible if Don Juans querrie can be answered.

He said; -would like real ^answers now^, not dumb herassing ones, real answers from the Vedas.

thnX!

I have been thinking about Kali godess worship, I know they use tilaka and khanti, for what is this also.

so, i found remarcable few things on ussing the natural plantas or fruits or flower that´s been going on seence .. age and ages for spiritual progress or realization involved in.

ok thank you anyone for that.

Hari bol