IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Confused about which are the true Scriptures!!!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I know "Hindu" is different from "Krishna Consiousness" but which Hindu scriptures are right and wrong in your opinions?

I have read somewhere that some scriptures say that the earth is flat, give innaccurate distances of the earth from the sun, say that the world is a turtle rested on elephants..... I dont get it?

If anyone has knowledge of this, please could you help me figure out which scriptures are right and wrong. Thanks.

Srila Prabhupada Himself has once said, that people who call themselves English, American, Indian, Muslim, Christian or Hindu, are bound by mäyä...

From the top of my head, i cannot remember the entire list of what you'd call 'accepted scriptures', but check http://www.krishna.com/e-books/

Also, scriptures saying that the earth is a turtle, or that earth is flat or some other nonsense down the same lines, were written by people. The 'accepted scriptures' are pure transcendental knowledge, given to humans by the Lord Himself.

Haribol!

Guest guest

Thanks for the info. If anyone could provide a list of scriptures which are accepted that would be good.

scriptures are many many many.. also by diferent acaryas and maths etc...

But i would seh that scriptures are reference to the sastra explisit the VEDAS. As Srila prabhupad was and is till the moment the autoritative exponent for the krsna conciousness as a proces explained into this few boook there are many.

One interested in the process just could seek into hadle books written by his divine grace Guru Srila prabhupada, he will be mercyfull along about the ignorant people while being explained trhough out the literatue.

One can seek more info about BhaktiVEDANTA literature in to follow the link.

http://www.krishnatemple.com/

*** http://www.krishnatemple.com/homepage_extras/book_distribution.shtm

Guest guest

You will be confused.Check out tharavada .you then will not be confused.

all the best .......

Guest guest

dont be confused dear friend !

Read Bhagvad Gita. there Lord Krishna describes about bhakti. and the last and foremost instruction is "sarva dharmaan parityajya..."

so the bottomline is that any scripture propagating bhakti to Lord is authentic. and the foremost in this list is Srimad Bhagvatam.