IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
mark

Soho Street London Temple in UK

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna

Does anyone on this website visit the Temple in Soho street

regularly ?

I am attending a course for my work in London next week, and hope to pay a visit on Monday evening (and perhaps Tue/Wed as well).

I'm really looking forward to it! (visiting the temple - not the course I'm on). It would be great to meet any London devotees who make posts on this site.

Haribol

Mark

Haribol

Looking at their website :

http://www.iskcon-london.org/index.html

I noticed they are having a Prabhupada Marathon next Wed 23rd Nov, where you can buy Srimad Bhagavatam and lots of other texts for only £201 (usually costs £260 on its own in the UK)

It seems to much of a coincidence that I should be on a visit to London at this time, as I have not been there for many many years, and the place where I am staying is only a mile from the temple, and also as I have not got the SB in book form yet, and have been planning to buy it in the next month or so.

Does the SB weigh much ? I will have to try and fit it in my suitcase..

I will also get the chance to eat at Govinda's restaurant (and charge it to the company I work for)

I have the feeling someone is smiling on me from above! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

All glories to Srila Prabhupada & Hare Krishna!

Mark

Guest guest

Haribol Prabhu,

Someone is surely showing mercy. Just a word of caution that the full set of SB is very heavy. Two cartons full of books. Think before you buy the whole set. Maybe you can have it shipped to your house.

Enjoy your trip and prasadam.

Hare Krishna.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

Hi Mark, I live and work in London...I've never been to the Soho street Temple but would like to go so maybe we could hook up for one of the days? (not sure which one though!)

Give us a shout...

Haribol..

Hi Dillon ,

I will be there hopefully Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evening this week, probably around 6.00ish till 8.00. Be great to meet you! I go back home on Thursday.

Haribol

Mark

Haribol

My humble obeisances to all at the Soho street temple and Govinda's restaurant!

It was great for me to be able to go a temple 3 days in a row, as usually I only have chance to go once a week to the temple at Coventry (not that there's anything wrong with Coventry temple)

The Londonisvara Deities are very, very beautiful. I felt immense relief each time I escaped the so-crowded but so lonely streets of London, and entered the sanity and sanctity of the temple.

I don't know if you had chance to make it there Dillon, if you did I'm sorry we failed to hook up.

I had some great prasad every night at Govindas (and then was given even more in the temple). I felt like I was going to burst after my last night - so much for trying to be like the yogi's who eat just enough to keep body and soul together, I was more like yogi bear, busy stuffing my face as if about to hibernate.. I then dreamt I was eating even more prasad as I slept on Wednesday night!

Lord Krishna was truly merciful to me, far more than I deserve. I may be sent on another course in London next year, so I will be able to do it all again!

I'm afraid I did not buy the Srimad Bhagvatam set as it was not the full set of twelve cantos I had been hoping to buy, and so will buy them from my local temple. I don't mind paying extra, as the money will help BBT/Iskcon.

It was great to also meet some wonderful devotees, such as

Kishor Mukunda and Sanatana Goswami (who features in a documentary on UK TV's Channel Four called 'Preachers to be') see following weblink:

http://www.channel4.com/culture/microsites/P/preachers_to_be/hinduism.html

Thank you so much Lord Krishna for all your mercy.

All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Mark

and can be also send to home !!

UHuuuuuu... !!

i mean, so valuable texts.

hope yopu all enjoy even with those kinnda drawing them are nice hope on the roads inthe temple there are many many more chances to see some a those originals when iskcon growing..

Anyway.