IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

heavy-dreams

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Haribol, All glories to our beloved Srila Prabhupada, I offer my humble obeisances unto him!

this question I already asked some seniour devotees but I want to share it with you, perhaps you can give me some feedback or advice...as I do not know what the Sastra`s and Srila Parbhupada wrote about this subject matter:

Since months ( really I am not making it bigger) I am tortured by nightmeres- everyday I wake up tottally unhappy with heavy headache ---the dreams are about things that could happend in my daily life, but with a bitter taste...so no blood, fighting or bad spirits...just unhappy dreams

I asked some seniour devotees and they explained me that it could be karma that I burn durning nights instead of in real life...or/and its my big ignorance what is manifasted in baddreams...

I am really DESPERATE..as it really influances my day...as in the morning I am digesting this dreams which are really clear and most of the time about the same subject.

Really I go to bed peacefull, I do not watch TV..I chant before I go to bed... Sri Sri Gaurnitai and Jagannath Baladeva and Subadra are in my room as well .

since yesterday I put tilak on after taking shower before going to bed..so I feel more protected.( i do not know if this is an offenece ..please let me know if it is...)

I do not make big show out of and I am not áfraid to go to sleep...I am quit easygoing about these things...only now i am really finished with these dreams...everyday its just too much and its since summer already.

how can I find peace in my sleep...? Tama guna question perhaps, to find peace while being in ignorance during the night but can anyone give me some advice.

okay long story

Hope you can give me advice!

your aspiring servant

zara

Hare Krisna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Guest guest

i have also heard that out of kindness, Krsna can have a person burn off karma in a milder form in dreams, and not have to experience the reactions he was due in his real life.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna.

You need physical excersie to sleep better without nightmares.

Yoga is the best. Breathing exercises and positions to tone your whole body.

Even walking a little in the evening will help.

I've had a weird dream last night, I was in one of the NYC temples (where Sri Sri Radha-Govinda is iirc), attending an evening program, when I've heard a weird sound outside. I stepped out the front door into a desert, and a black-skinned, 6-armed deity was standing there, sword in each hand, and said to me "I have unleashed all the destructive power of the universe. I have now become the destroyer of the world."

Quite confusing..

And the line is iirc from Mahabharata, but a bit different ..

Haribol!

i ve expirienced also directly related with the bad habbits of each as a person. I have had half-days bad aches there and the high temperatures on my head trip me out for something may be called a mind expirience, out of, alucinating truth feelings.

wuouh, i think it cares for in bad karmas of about what has been eaten and chewed.

anyway haribol !

Guest guest

you can also chant Lord Narasimha swamy's,(who is krishna's avatar) holy name before going to bed..and also apply narasimha swamy's tilak.You will no more hav such bad dreams

Guest guest

I offer my humble solution :

In the Bhägavatam, it is given that those who suffer from nightmares should read the chapter of Gajendra Moksha daily.

SB 8.4.14 Translation : My dear King Parikshit, I have now described the wonderful power of Krsna, as displayed when the Lord delivered the King of the elephants. O best of the Kuru dynasty, those who hear this narration become fit to be promoted to the higher planetary systems. Simply because of hearing this narration, they gain a reputation as devotees, they are unaffected by the contamination of Kali-yuga, and they never see bad dreams.

SB 8.4.15 Translation : Therefore, after getting up from bed in the morning, those who desire their own welfare—especially the brähmanas, ksatriyas, vaisyas and in particular the brähmaëa Vaisnavas—should chant this narration as it is, without deviation, to counteract the troubles of bad dreams.

Guest guest

Srila Prabhupada on bad dreams

In the Bhagavad-Gita, Shree Krishna is personally teaching us what His kingdom is like, who He is, who you are, and what your relationship with Krsna is like. Everything is being taught in the Bhagavad-gita. And a sane man, an intelligent man, must take advantage of this process. Then Lord Krsna says, "Anyone who eats more than necessary, cannot perform yoga.A person willfully trying to keep himself in starvation cannot perform yoga. Neither can the person who eats more than he requires, he also cannot perform yoga." The eating process should be moderate, only for keeping the body and soul together. Not for enjoyment of the tongue. So that is the real yogic process, that you cannot eat very palatable things. Because as soon as palatable things comes before us, naturally if I take one, I must take two, three, four. You see? So as far as yogis are concerned, they are not to take any palatable desirable things. They have to simply take only the necessities. One yogi in Calcutta was in a temple, in a sanctified place, and He was taking once only a little quantity of rice boiled with water, at three o'clock in the afternoon. That was his food and nothing more.

"If anyone dreams too much, he cannot execute devotional service." Now, here Sri Krsna does not say that one should have a dreamless sleep. Dreamless sleep is impossible, it is lunacy. Dreams must exist. As soon as you go to sleep, dreams will manifest themselves. It may be a good dream, bad dream, or for a long time or for a little time. But dreams are inevitable. Now, Krsna says "One who dreams too much while sleeping cannot execute yoga.And one who cannot sleep at night cannot execute yoga." I have got a young friend who cannot sleep. So for him, the yoga process is impossible. So sleep is also required. You cannot survive without sleeping. That is also required. That means somehow or other, you should keep your body fit. You should not eat too much, otherwise you will sleep excessively. Health is also required. That means somehow or other, you should keep your body fit. You should not eat excessively and you shall not voluntarily starve yourself. You should not be voluntarily awake when you are trying to sleep. If you keep yourself peaceful, then you won't dream. When the bile is very much agitated, then we see so many dreams due to the air which is coming out of the agitated bile. And if you keep yourself peaceful, with a cool mind, a cool head and a cool stomach, then there will be ordinary sleep.

So here it is said that if a yogi has to leave home, then where is the question of karma? That means sometimes those who are practicing yoga at home need to keep other engagements moderate. You cannot engage yourself in earning your living very heavily and at the same time become a yogi. That is not possible. That is not possible. You should eat very moderately, you should gratify your senses very moderately, your work should be without anxiety, you should not dream too much, and you should not be awake during your period of sleep. These are the rules. Then the yoga process will be successful.