IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
mark

Srimad bhagavatam question

Rate this topic

Haribol

I am reading the Srimad Bhagvatam Canto 2 at the moment and have a few questions about chap 7 txt 46 :

"Surrendered souls, even from groups leading sinful lives, such as women, the laborer class, the mountaineers and the Siberians, or even the birds and beasts, can also know about the science of Godhead and become liberated from the clutches of the illusory energy by surrendering unto the pure devotees of the Lord and by following in their footsteps in devotional service."

I expect a lot of women may object to being described as a sinful group - surely men are just as sinful as a group (if not even more so than women) ?

Also why are mountaineers and siberians especially mentioned?

I am not questioning whether Srimad Bhagvatam is correct or not - I accept what it says, but do not quite understand these references. Can anyone explain them please ?

Thanks

Hare Krishna

AGTP!

Mark

Guest guest

Hare Krishna.

A true KC person sees every living being as equal as stated in the Bhagavad-gita.

But not all living beings are equal.

The animals are lower than the humans and so on. But a KC person treats the animals equally. Thus does not eat them.

In general women suffer more than men. Why? They must have sinned more than men in the past. Right?

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada! I offer my humble obeisance unto him!

I have not read the particular verse you have mentioned or i have not studied the Srimad Bhagavatam at all. Entirely based on your statement, i think, to answer your question about mountaineer and Siberians, the author was trying to point to the tribal community where they entirely live on nature. As we know there are still tribes in some parts of the world still existing and the author most likely was indicating them as a group who do not have any knowledge about spiritual life.

To add to that, my opinion on women as a sinful group, i accept, in this age of Kali, men and women are equally sinful. However, unfortunately, women are always most often used as a lust object and nothing more. This is because women allowed themselves to be treated like that. They dont mind exposing and they dont mind using their sexulaity in this fashion. This is women in the advanced counttries. But for women in less advanced countries, they are conservative but in comparison to the general male populace, women are most often only interested in family life (meaning husband,children and so forth) so they do not seek the higher goal of life. Ofcourse, there are anamolies in this case, but the overall general female population are either seen as lustful objects or women only desire for a nice home and family. In either case, there is no seeking of higher goals. This has been going on since time started. One of the probable reasons could be that women are physically designed to attract and bear family and hence they cannot think more than that. That is why women are considered LESS INTELLIGENT by the Vedic scriptures because majority of the women population do not seek the higher goal.

Taking time and place into consideration, nowdays, men and women are equally sinful.

This is my opinion and understanding of the scriptures on women as a group.

Haribol!

anand

Haribol

Thanks - that makes sense. I guess many sinful men die still thinking/lusting after women and so are reborn as women so that they can reap the results what they did to women in their past lives.

Hare Krishna

Guest guest

Women are less inteligent and thus they should always be checked otherwise they can go wild, like the animals.

Men have to always please the women with gifts so they can be contained. Otherwise they leave for another man.

Haribol

Not being very advanced I need to keep reminding myself that souls are not men/women/animals but spiritual entities with a conciousness that takes them to a particular sort of body ..

its all too easy to fall in to a trap of thinking in terms of the duality of the material world, rather than the absolutes of the real, spiritual world, where there is no such duality.

Hare Krishna

Mark

Guest guest

The following is from the Srimad Bhagavatam canto 12. Predictions for the age of Kali.

"The women will freely wander from one man to the next."

"Women will become much smaller in size, and they will eat too much, have more children than they can properly take care of, and lose all shyness. They will always speak harshly and will exhibit qualities of thievery, deceit and unrestrained audacity."

that off uploading issues of the material machine of the mind. The Womans are the Heck of Head !!

i mean.

Anyway, this prices as you all said are so important in cualities, you know. Just to care for that is important to hang on the understanding also of the cualitie and values in general as far as living surrownded with all and all

Yeah many thanxs this responds to so much doubts with womans.. just what to be done priceless gifts and Understanding.

fe all, hari bol !

Guest guest

Haribol,

I suggest to you,rather than you listening to other peoples speculations about this text,that you ask a bonifide teacher of the Srimad Bhagavatam.Other wise you could get miss information and not the truth.

HARIBOL

Guest guest

Hare Krishna.

By getting the opinion of several devotees is higher authority than getting advice from one Guru, who may be Bogus. As stated in the SB, most Gurus in Kali Yuga are bogus.

I suggest to you,rather than you listening to other peoples speculations about this text,that you ask a bonifide teacher of the Srimad Bhagavatam.Other wise you could get miss information and not the truth.

--

Or you can download Folio Bases, which contains all of Prabhupada Books, Lectures. Would be helpful. Its great fun as well, with esp searches. Good luck in your spiritual life. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Getright Download Manager

www.getright.com

Install it & Open

Click this:

http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?26000000038625

[Complete Works of Srila Prabhupada]

Right-Click the ` Download ` link on the site

Choose ` Download with Getright `.

Automatic downloading should issue.

Guest guest

Women have different role, if we look at the big picture.

I was surprised yars ago when I heard that a baby in the mother's womb is always a girl in the begging and then after a while it turns to be a man or stays a woman. It is dear God's plan in order to save the human race.

So ladies have different task to maintain the human race, it is a very responsible job and in other to do it well, they must act acordingly.

There must be sufficiant protection (food, objects, home, clothes and friend) so baby will grow into a (hu)man or woman.

That is why ladies have good instict: they always acquire things to feel protected, not for themselves but for the future human race.

When woman is not protected, or she gets candala husband or she gets husband that leaves her for another woman, that is a biggest tragedy woman can have because then she has to take a role of a man also and there lady looses a lot of her virtues, her mind becomes a mind of a man.

Guest guest

and also extracted the files. But when I click the 'complete works' file, it gives an error message. I am using windows xp, is that why?

Guest guest

As the previous post, I get the same problem with the download. I also use windows xp.

Any insights!

Haribol

anand

Bhaktivedanta Vedabase

Windows Version

Books, Lectures, Letter, Conversations, Back to Godhead etc

-A.C Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.

All With a Search Facility.

Important:

A Self-installtion File will be Uploaded later. These are the recent Bugs which people have been reporting:

1. Read the How to Install File.

IT does work on XP.! And should work on any Windows System.

2. Click Complete Works of Srila Prabhupada.nfo

It will probably ask you that it won't open, you have to find a Proggie that will. Click Browse or whatever, and find your way to `Views Folder` and Select Views.exe

Or

3. Open the 'Views Folder. Click Views.exe [look for it. Open this file, [its not a Install, its a Program]. It asks you to open a previous file or Open New etc etc, Find Complete Works of Srila Prabhupada.nfo This should work.

This should open it. But there is some kind of bug, so you can do that or wait for better version, the one I am doing is 3 times faster! Nitai! Will be up in 1 Week from Today [8 Nov 2005] Only 65Mbs! Whooopie!