IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

why 16 rounds?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

I am curious as to why SP recommended 16 daily rounds, as opposed to 15...64...or any other number?

thanks!

Haribol

as a stanndard for the bigginers i have overstand that 16 as a rounds is the baisis to beggin chanting, it takes two ours just spending for that.

if anyOne likes it more than that is just the chance for that to develope even more, the chanting. that is required.

As being disciple"s" the issue beggans with discipline. And then likes. For not falling from the constant awe of chanting if you want more just chant !!

I have seen that in www.prabhupadavani.org, here are some mornin Walks in where srila explains this and just wonderfull tracks. Basis and even better things it carriees, yes.

Guest guest

the first disciples when told to chant 64 rounds cried they couldnbt - due to the fact thyere was so much preaching work and setting up temples etc etc it was very different situation to that in india where this worship has been in place so long ....

so they begged Prabhupada to make it less he said ok 32.. but still they cried so he said 16

.. when they asked Please make it 8 he said no less than 16

16 is just starting number of course we should make our goal to be 64..

as i see... the working of idol workship or guide workshop in India from the most elevated country of all, i know also that is the most down-trothen one today, as it get dificult and scarcity of livelihood day a day bizz nezz etc as the path of mysticism and knowledge for that time called west comming from east - was going down to darkness... The most awe some part is that is in this math that the process is being precented, as a process, simple due to the labouring stuff of being prepared to get the one body, the perfect body and to know how is the living in holy land.

But as far as workship is concerned not all of the bhakti and religiouss manufacturing is authorized.

so 16.. is ideal. 64 is perfect.