IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

PAMHO AGSP!

I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy Diwali and a Prosperous (In Spiritual terms!!) New Year.

This morning I attended the 4.30 am Arti at Bhaktivedanta Manor in Watford U.K and it was just unbelievable! It was so dark, quiet yet so fulfilling. Even the scent as you go further. Its amazing what a difference it makes to even simply brush shoulders with a real devotee let alone speak to one!

The chanting of so many people at once makes such a difference that you have to be there to experience it. One of the devotees even managed to throw in some humorous banter by talking about Bollywood lol!!

Anyways, I shall stop here..

Haribol!

Happy Diwali!

I attended the excellent Diwali program at Iskons Coventry

temple - My first Diwali experience and I enjoyed it very much.

My humble obeisances to Hari Das the temple president for his great talk. He stressed the importance of understanding what Diwali was about - that it is about celebrating Lord Ramas victory over the evil Ravana, and his triumphant return home. God will always triumphs over the evil souls.

Hari Das said that many people celebrate Diwali and forget the real reason why they are celebrating, just thinking of fireworks and sweets etc.

I see this (and have been guilty of it myself) at Christmas, which is supposed to be about celebrating the birth of Jesus, but for most people it is a time of gluttony, consumer driven material maddness, and watching lots of films on TV.

Occasionally there is a mention of Jesus and the message he bought about Krnsa (God) but generally he comes in about 20th place in peoples list of priorities at Christmas..

anyway -

Thank you Coventry ISKCON!

Haribol!

Mark

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

That's great Mark, I can see you also experienced that "vibe"! I think I am going to make an effort to go more often. I used to go for the Rath Yatra festival in Nairobi as a child but at that time all I could think of was the lovely prasadam lol!

Everyone else, please feel free to share your experiences..!

Haribol!

Haribol Kamlesh,

this sounds interesting. I have been intending to buy a copy of the interactive CD of the Gita for sometime.

Most of the devotees at Coventry temple (in Britain) are very advanced (I am without a doubt the lowest and most ignorant person attending there), but they still might be interested.

It would be a nice gift for the temple at Coventry to distribute to visitors though..

Where are you based Kamlesh?

AGSTP

Mark

Hare Krishna.

These CDs are audio not CD-ROM.

They can be heard in the car, PC or CD player.

I am based in CA (USA).

The Bhagavad-gita is for everyone, the ignorant and the advanced devotees. Just by listening in the car whle driving one can benefit with the highest spiritual knowledge.

You can actually listen right now, all 700 verses with one click at www.gitamrta.org

If anyone is interested in distributing the CDs, send me an email: kcp1982@