IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
neophyte

Spiritual Happiness

Rate this topic

We often read that spiritual happiness is far, far greater than the type of happiness we experience in this world. That it is unlimited and eternal, and so on…

It is said that the highest spiritual ecstasy is so great that it causes the shedding of tears, trembling, standing of hair on the body, etc. So much so that is actually impossible for the material body to experience it, and thus it may fall unconscious. However, the above external manifestations can also be experienced through material happiness, for example if someone wins the lottery. Can someone explain this please?

Also…

There are questions in my mind as to the quality of this type of happiness (spiritual). What makes it so different and superior? Can we compare it, for example 10 times better then material happiness? To define something as unlimited is difficult to comprehend for the material mind and senses, so how do we measure it? Basically, what is so good about it and why should I believe in it as it’s not something I can experience? There are many religious and spiritual groups that get themselves all physced up and become gullible and imagine many ridiculous things. Watch this movie for an example:

http://www.bulletsofsorrow.co.uk/jesus.wmv

I love Krishna Consciousness and Srila Prabhupada and consider myself extremely lucky to have come upon it. I believe in Srila Prabhupada’s books and the ancient histories such as the Mahabharata and Ramayana. It’s just that sometimes I feel that people kid themselves about what they’re feeling and believe it to be real, or pretend to feel something that is different than ordinary mundane sensations.

Guest guest

hmm yes i some1 what agree. I dont think every1 experiences this higher taste as often as its made out. Nevertheless hopefully we can all experience it soon. Until then i guess i will keep chanting Hare Krishna and try to be happy?