IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Prayers

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!!

I hope you are all in the best of health. I have recently re-discovered my faith in KC after a spell of 5 years of living in total sin. I have begun chanting once again and honestly feel this time I will be successful with Krishna's mercy. I am aware that we are not these material bodies and are simply here for a reason-to go back home. Back to Godhead. Recently I learned that my Grandmother may have committed suicide many years ago while my Mother was still a young child. I was seeking help in terms of prayer...Is there a specific prayer we can chant to liberate those lost souls? Can the Maha Mantra do this also? I think so as even the scriptures say there is no other way for deliverance in this day and age of Kali. Similarly, is there a prayer or offering I may undertake for other ancestors? I am grateful for any advice. I would also like to thank you all for restoring my faith as this site has helped tremendously.

In particular, I am deeply inspired by the dedication of Mark from Warwick.

Hari Bol!

Haribol!

It is very nice of you to say that.. I don't think I have ever inspired anyone before! Unfortunately whenever someone says something kind to me my ego swells up!

I am very glad you have rediscovered your faith - may you never lose it again. At times my faith has felt a little wobbly since I first became interested in KC, but reading more scriptures and associating with devotees has helped keep me going.

Sometimes the wrong steps we take in life actually serve a purpose, and can bring us to the right path in the end, by waking us up to the horrors of material life. We can learn a lot from our mistakes.

I too have found this site to be of great inspiration in trying to develop K.C, and would like to also thank all the devotees that have responded to my stream of ignorant questions over the last year or so, and the devotees who run this site (my genuine and humble obeisances to them).

I have learnt so much from this site, but due to my own limitations am still only a beginner in KC. I know some devotees despair of some of the trouble-makers that post insulting statements etc, but I think this site is still a great forum, and has saved many souls from a hellish future(hopefully including me) and set them off on the road to Lord Krishna.

Please don't make the mistake of thinking that I'm a devotee - I'm just a neophyte, and likely to stay that way for the foreseeable future, as being initiated is a very serious step and one that I'm not fit for just yet, still being impure at heart.

As to your question about delivering ancestors, I am not learned, and perhaps should not comment, but I did once read that becoming a devotee of Lord Krishna in itself can deliver any ancestors from hell.

If I understand correctly life on hellish planets is not a permanent thing anyway - once souls have been purified/punished, they are released by the infinite kindness and mercy of Lord Krishna to have another go at life, so that they may try to get it right next time.

I think most of us have been to hell at some point.

best wishes for your future

Hare Krishna!

Mark

Guest guest

Hare Krishna and all glories to Srila Prabhuapada!

On the issue of ancestors, as far as my (incomplete) understanding goes, if you become a true devotee of the Lord, so many generations before and after you will be delivered by the Lord.

The Bhagavatam states that when a human being takes full shelter of Sri Mukunda as the supreme refuge, he is released from his debts to devas, sages, general living entities, family members, mankind, and to the forefathers. Consequently, he does not have to perform the ceremonies for the ancestors.

hope it helps.

Hare Krishna!

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!!

I thank you all for your advice. I am still a long way from becoming a true devotee and so for now I think its best I continue to read scriptures and chant my two rounds. I will definitely be visiting this site more often..

All Glories to Srila Prabhupada!