IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Initiation

Rate this topic

Yehh, mon me tell ya.

There is no need couse every human being is part and parcel of Supreme Soul so whatever, you may see is what you are going to hear and so be it. Is better having cleaner way of living but everything in is on the spiritual aspect of the self. Rasta man is the devotee way a life fe digin -- no need no cut no.

Material aspects may allways change, as time passes your shaven head is going like this and pon there you full a dread.

I mean, what it is is what it is from the bigginig to the end it ciant nevah change.

Be it Krsna Conciouss in the cleanest aproach you could in advance and the other things may pass by.

Me tell ya, Rastaman Kultcha is the way of fe Christ, and that is also great i do have had natty dreads so much way along. There is not need though cuz the Dreadlock is the beautty that nature put pon us heads.

And is also great, in advance of being krsna copnciouss the changes and fixes are on the spiritual purification of the soul and the self, the boddy allways changing.

Thoguh i hope this meets you people fine.

if you digg mon, you are gonna see.

The greatest seravant at Lotus Feet of the Lord, the number One Vaishnava is Shiva-shankara, O RUDRA and Him has dreadlock matted hair head, that is the rivers of knowledge that flow pon thee.

* Are you taking harinama initiation?

* Or you just planning?

YS

Guest guest

Thanks cause i love my hair.

Im planning on being a devotee of Krishna, but dont know what to do.

can ya help

Guest guest

Actually, if you wait until an initiated member replies I think he will tell you that they do expect you to shave your head and keep a piece at the back. I have lived at a couple of the temples and this is what they do. There was a specific purpose but I can't remember what it was, other than for cleanliness. You should try not to be attached to your material hair.

i think the higest aim of fe all, is to be part personally on the krsna conciouss movement.

I do really love nature and understanding this Dreadlock came and the´hem build pon locks on me. --see On basis i do have some dreaddy back pon the ´choti´ bridge, an them my MOM cut it off, i was steel growing up this arrown that so - was that 14 yrs, yes? seen, then, i build all my head.. ok, some girlfriend help me and again. because of mooddy mind pricking and stiching i unbound all a that dreaddy the hole head again, and again i build hem up by my self. you will see me now like with something back the is little hair steel moving.

But nothing ike Krsna conciouss. And the knowledge is steel flowing..

Dreadlocks love n rock - Rasta Chant Down Babylon remembah

Is the most easy way i could see that is mean for mukti (liberation) to now, in this days also I do apreciate and value this much and aimmin´ for the Maha mantra i my say Further the process have to settle the soul pon there fe that soul seeks, (contitutional position) thee soul that seeks may realize this is if doing something then.. yes, the process may lead us to Jeevan-Mukti (liveration in life), that is better than do nothing at this time. and benefit people.. undestanding te sublime process.

I think for my personal expirience that. First the mantra guides the living being to know krsna better anyway for own persona in the spiritual preach or seeking when you advance u may put there also you also could see that then is the service oportunity granted if you seek chanting.

Yes the mother and the Father reasembles that for mee, allways with the children, Like when you enjoy the moon inna time and the sun every now a then... the song is like this.. and you hear the chant so take it, and dance, je the dread lock is nice.

(oh you are the mother you are the father - like the mantra practice - is called kirtanaam, biggining with sravanaam, and then kirtanaam)

Well if cutting is the same, that is the process.this is like and as far as i understand to serve (we may undertand and do), and then your constitutional position will reveal to you the truth. that is important.

with respect. Today i refer like to other devote initiated long way more along time in the process steel him name was that. Pragosh Das, name of initiation - He meets me saying that Gosh comes from sound and pra from para, trnscendental, sound. This vivration and shareing and then he recall on the mission, for all devotees i think. that is better not to be curiouss about the name also but i do wanted to know also that and did ask him for reply of what that harinama initiation name means - i mean that also, i was curiouss about. And he says that, that is better to understand the benefit of knowing and not to be the body, the self but the soul.

Hope this meets you well heartened, never mind to cut the hair, but i do love thiose also longated. y.s.

Guest guest

in order to became a krsna follower you have to chant hare krsna, hare krsna, krsna krsna, hare hare.. hare rama, hare rama, rama rama, hare hare...

then, when you'll be ready to get initiation, you'll ask for details, including hair cut, to your guru

Guest guest

Hair is the by product of the body, thus just like stool. Who wants to keep stool on their head?

Guest guest

There are many Gurus that don't require shaving one's head for 1st initiation, but for 2nd, the only excuse that may fly is legitimate threat of death, but that's sort of outlandish (for example, if someone living in Iran travelled to India looking for 2nd initiation).

Guest guest

I am becoming more involved in the Hare Krishna movement & I have had my Jata for almost 3 years I think. I promised God I wouldn't cut them again. Many Vaishnava saints have the Jata, why can't I?

Women is just cool coming natural the stool became more agreadable.. you know, when D dread come-inn natural here Then in thy movement that is good because you also care when stool be. Not at all vaishnavas are there jatta head cult. vaisnava asumes more cleanlines with the boddy and soul, but that not change anything... by the way in stance of purity, those shadhus are from the shivaist cult and them reeleve those unconfortable means for cleanliness and keep this inside for each just, fe really, i like the dreadlock jatta natty fe dreaddy naty dreadd lock. -congo bongo I

Yeh commin natural.. I remember lika souppin the dready in the house of some devotee friend of mine i like it like the spiritual sense no more, just like, and be allright. but clean. u see and then there u can. have it or.. it care for just a mind thing, and fe mood.

you can be a devotee in passive mood etc.. is just that there are no means for u to be no.

Om shanti

Guest guest

On a physical level, if you seek initiation from Iskcon (or similar movements) they will definately tell you to shave your head, and will not initiate you unless you submit to their dictates. However, from a spiritual perspective dreadlocks can have a powerful significance and if you have them for spiritual reasons you should definately not cut them just because some so-called "guru" orders you to.

Genuine devotees of Rama and Shaiva have worn dreadlocks for thousands of years, and Iskcons failure to accept this is just one of the many reasons why they have so few members anymore.

If you feel that your hair is related to your spiritual life, you will not feel right about cutting it, as you would be going against the inspiration of God and obeying some bunch of humans instead. If you follow what your heart tells you and sincerly become a genuine devotee, particularly of those forms of God who are associated with dreadlocks (such as Ram and Shaiva), your hair is not going to be an obstacle, and will very likely be helpful.

But don't listen to me or to any other human being, do what your heart tells you. You instinctively know what is right and what is ..

Aum Sri Ram Jai Ram Jai Jai Ram

Guest guest

look nicer. and the women like it. therefore it is a symbol of surrender when you give it up.

Guest guest

many given answers are too extreme and unreal..

a disciple has simply to surrender to the guru, if he has faith on the guru, and the guru says to cut.. he has to cut

if he does not surrender on such irrelevant questions, what will be the hope of surrendering his life and soul to him?

svetasvatara upanishad says that who does not worship his spiritual master in the same way as if god in person was present, he has no hope to get liberation..

---

a guru, in marginal details like this one, gives the instruction that he judges more appropriated for the circumstance.. Prabhupada gave the rule of shaving to every male member basically to counteract the hippy tendence and to give an unique, coherent and powerful image of the movement... and that worked very well as we see in our days with such big movement all around the world

we are chanting hare krsna, we are discussing about these items, and that's mercy of prabhupada and those early devotees... so we are mad and hellish if we criticize

--

now the things are slightly changed, we are no more in the emergency of building a movement from zero, there's no more need to be all temple monks and having to give a well identified image to the public, so these matter are left to the personal relationship between guru and disciple..

first pray krsna to send you a pure representative of him, a uttama adhikari to save you from material prison and to give you krsna prema, then develope spontaneously love for such exalted vaishnava, then ask for initiation and be prepared to surrender to the basic rules he gives to you to start your real spiritual life......... then, without problems and inibitions, discuss marginal details like haircut..

if the guru maharaja judges that you can go on in spiritual life with such aestethic preference there's no problem.. i see many initiations in all maths, iskcon included, with people with all kinds of hairs even if the more frequent is short hairs

we have no direct connection with god, so any promise or vrata we made to him is much less important than following the instruction of our spiritual master who has to be a direct associate of krsna in goloka..

spiritual life is love..... if we do not love our spiritual father so much to give up little attachments of keeping an hair cut, what will be our hope? what's the need to superficially surrender to a spiritual master if we do not have the will to do it with our heart starting from irrelevant things as an haircut (considered also that in our days, gurus ask generally, to people who do not live in the temple, simple short hairs, not shaved hairs and sikha) ?

Guest guest

comparing hair to stool is idiotic, to say the least. if your argument is valid, then sri chaitanya's associates who had long hair were really dancing by his side with stool on their heads!

you're reasoning seems very short-sighted. Krsna is about opening up to the truth of existence, not maintaing a shaved head as a shortcut to spiritual effort.

Guest guest

YOU SAID: "Thanks cause i love my hair."

That statement gives me pause ...

If you so love your hair that you are attached to it - give it up.

If you so love your hair that impedes fully loving God - give it up.

Of course, it's totally up to you ... but I would at the least take a close, clear-eyed look at what you mean by "I love my hair."

Hare Krishna.

Bhagavatam Canto 9 TEXT 48

TEXT

jata nirmucya vidhivat

kula-vrddhaih samam guruh

abhyasincad yathaivendram

catuh-sindhu-jaladibhih

SYNONYMS

jatah--the matted locks of hair on the head; nirmucya--shaving clean; vidhi-vat--according to regulative principles; kula-vrddhaih--the elderly persons in the family; samam--with; guruh--the family priest or spiritual master, Vasistha; abhyasincat--performed the abhiseka ceremony of Lord Ramacandra; yatha--as; eva--like; indram--unto King Indra; catuh-sindhu-jala--with the water of the four oceans; adibhih--and with other paraphernalia for bathing.

TRANSLATION

The family priest or spiritual master, Vasistha, had Lord Ramacandra cleanly shaved, freeing Him from His matted locks of hair. Then, with the cooperation of the elderly members of the family, he performed the bathing ceremony [abhiseka] for Lord Ramacandra with the water of the four seas and with other substances, just as it was performed for King Indra.

Guest guest

Prabhupada - 17 July 1976

Letter to : Dhrstaketu.

"Unless absolutely necessary, one should keep head shaven and not allow the hair to grow long. If absolutely necessary, one can dress like an American gentleman, with short hair, but long hair is prohibited. The reason that one with long hair is not my disciple is because he is against the principle. Unless absolutely necessary one should keep hair short, and if necessary one can dress like an American gentleman with short hair. It is not expected that everyone will join. For that reason we can't compromise."