IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
mark

Milk

Rate this topic

Haribol!

The subject has been raised many times before, but what should we do about drinking milk taken from dairy herds where any unwanted calves are sent for slaughter ?

I buy organic milk from the supermarket in the belief that they are better treated than cows in conventional herds, but still feel guilty because of the practices of non vedic cow keeping that lie behind it.

If I had access to milk that was produced from a farm that did not kill any cows I would gladly pay a premium for it.

I do not fancy going vegan, as I feel a little milk, yogurt butter and cheese is good for health.

Srila Prabhupada had to use conventinally produced milk when he came to the west as there was little choice apart from going without. What was his graces feeling on the subject ?

What should I do? Keep offering my milk to God to remove any bad karma or go without ?

Does anyone want to set up a vedic farm community near me in Stratford-on-avon, Warwickshire in the UK? Lots of tourists come here because of Shakespeare.

I would gladly sponsor my own cow and visit her regularly!

Hare Krishna

Mark

Haribol

Can anyone in the UK make a recommendation as to where I can get vedic standard milk from living in Warwickshire UK. I'm probably nearly a hundred miles from Bhaktivedanta Manor.

Unless you personnally know a dairy farmer and can verify his practices then what can you do?

Hare Krishna

Mark