IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

ISKCON wedding

Rate this topic

Hello!

I am 27 years old and desire to have a Vedic marriage at an Iskcon temple. My girlfriend has agreed to this. We are both strict vegetarians and do not smoke cigarettes. However, I do, very rarely, smoke a cigar and on rare occaision we both drink wine, but we do not do this to get intoxicated.

It took me a very long time to go strict veg and quit smoking cigarettes, but I have been clean for nearly two years and I will never turn back. I know that I cannot be initiated but will any of this prevent us from being married in an Iskcon temple?

Thanks for your thoughts!

-Nick

Hey bro !

i'm 29 and we got married with my girlfriend too. don't worry, marriage has nothing to do with the regulative principles.

i'm a initiated devotee but my girlfriend is protestant, she eats meat and smoke or drink sometimes....

i don't know if they'll agree to marry you but at least you'll find someone i think.

Hare Krishna.

Being vegetarian is very good. I don't see why any temple would not let you marry in the temple.

The regulated principals, if followed is very good, and I would say the main one is being vegetarian. Since you both follow this you should have no difficulty in marrying in a temple. Even if you eat meat, still there should be no difficulty. Most Hindus eat meat and they all get blessed in temples.

Bhakta Kamlesh Patel

Gitamrta.org