IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
mark

An analogy

Rate this topic

"All the world's a stage,

And all the men and women merely players.

."

--From As You Like It (II, vii, 139-143)

In trying to become less attached to the world is it ok to view oneself as an actor, with Lord Krishna being the writer and stage director.

A good actor should try to play his part according to the script and stage directions, whereas a less good actor does not.

Is it that most of the human race (including myself until recently) do not realise they are actors and should be acting to please God, and many think that God does not exist and are acting only for themselves ?

My only problem is that sometimes I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing, although I do want to! Sometimes there seems so much 'noise' in life that I feel I cannot hear clearly.

I hope I cause no offense by this analogy.

Hare Krishna.

Guest guest

HareKrishna!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada! I offer my humble obeisances unto him!

I guess 99% of the world population are factually in the position you described- "too much noise". The only difference is a wise man knows it is noise and the rest...well...you know..

and needless to say....without Srila Prabhupada we will also be part of the many who do not realise that there is actual "too much noise"...

However...the first step is to realise that there is "too much noise" and the next step is to become knowledgable to deal with that "noise" and hence we should strictly follow the principles of Dharma as our GURU has showed it to us and hope Krishna save our souls.

But...iam sure many resonate that feeling and the only way to deliver from that noise is

HARER NAMA HARER NAMA HARER NAMAIVA KEVALAM

KALAU NASTY EVA NASTY EVA NASTY EVA GATIR ANYATA

Just chant and serve Krishna and leave the rest to HIM!

All Glories to Srila Prabhuapada!!

Haribol!

anand