IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Importance of Tulsi plant

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HaraKrishna!

Please accept my humble pranam

I would like to know the importance of Tulsi plant in KC.Can u tell me the impotance of tulsi maharani as a great devottee of lord.

Hari bol!

Sangeeta

Guest guest

Hare Krsna ,dandavat pranams, glories to Srila Prabhupada, gloriea to Sri Sri Caitanya Nityanada Prabhus,

I am unable to give great detail of Srimati Tulasi, that may be gotten from someone Vaisnava that has studied in greater detail... what I am able to tell you is the mercy of Srimati Tulasi Devi is very mystically real in my personal experience....

A year ago the Tulasi's in Vancouver were in small tiny green houses.....the Tulasi pujari's struggled to serve in full capacity, the small quarters made it very difficult to care for Srimati Tulasi Devi.

A few devotees were able to work together to ensure the purchase and assembly of two large green houses and begin the arduous task of transferring Srimati Tulasi to her new home.....to make a longer story short .... everyone is very pleased to see the vibrant growth and beauty of Tulasi Devi

in Vancouver ... the comments are appropriate... the most beautiful in north america....and I am witnessing the mercy to those involved in that project.

Four months after the assembly of the green houses, a god sister came and handed this following verse to me, to be chanted each day, in glorification of Srimati Tulasi Devi.

This prayer is for those of us that are dis-eased with what ever afflicts one, physical or mental(emotional), spiritual distress. Its like this.....

--maha prasada janani, sarva saubhagya vardhini, adhivyadhi-hara-nityam, tulasi tvam namo stute--

"O Srimate Tulasi Devi I offer my repeated obeisances to You. You are the mother of maha prasada, the increaser of all good fortune and You remove all diseases and mental anxieties."

Meditate on these prayers and witness......Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Sincerely....

ever felicitate in the dust of the feet of genuine Vaisnava's....

gopijana dasa dasa.....

here is a nice description, as well as correction of common misconception of Tulsi Devi:

http://www.gosai.com/chaitanya/saranagati/html/nmj_articles/tulsi_devi.html

Here is another description of Tulsi Devi:

http://www.vrindavan.org/vrindakunja/sukamr/english-amrita/VRINDA-TULASI.htm

here is a description of morning worship of Tulsi Devi:

http://www.harekrsna.com/practice/sadhana/morning/tulasi-arati/tulasi-arati.htm

I hope this is helpful.