IndiaDivine.org

Why Arjun?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jai Shree Krishna,

I'm just curious: Shree Krishna, during the Bhagavad Gita, said something to the effect of "Of the five Pandavas, I am Arjun". Why Arjun? Why didn't he say Yuddhistir, even though Yuddhistir was an embodiment of Dharma, and the eldest of the Pandavas?

The more detailed your answer, the more helpful it will be to me in terms of thinking through the subtleties of proper conduct and such.

Dhanyawaad

Hare Krishna Prabhu Ramgopal, in reply to your question it is stated in Bhagavad Gita, Chapter 10, verse 37:

BG 10.37: Of the descendants of Vṛṣṇi I am Vāsudeva, and of the Pāṇḍavas I am Arjuna. Of the sages I am Vyāsa, and among great thinkers I am Uśanā.

The five Pandavas were warriors, so among warriors Krishna is Arjuna because Arjuna is the best warrior among all types of warriors in the universe because Arjuna was compassionate and he didn't go to war until understanding that he was going to fight not for personal revenge nor personal glory nor any personal reason but just as a service unto Lord Sri Krishna. That's why Bhagavad Gita was spoken, so Arjuna's confusion would be erased from his mind with the power of knowledge. Only then, after understanding his position as a surrendered soul unto Krishna, Arjuna proceeded to chastise his enemies who were completely blinded by ignorance and maya and lack of following regulative principles.

That's why Arjuna is the best warrior and since no one can be greater than Krishna that's why Krishna is Arjuna.

You can read more about Krishna's opulence in this page

http://www.krishna.com/newsite/gita_frameset.html

Hare Krishna.