IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

A Garden for Krishna

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

Could someone help me with a bit of advice please ?

Please excuse me for asking, as I am still new to K.C and only a neophyte house holder.

One of my main pastimes at home (apart from reading and chanting, and household/family duties) is gardening, and I was wondering if it is acceptable to have a statue of krishna in a corner of my garden, possibly of stone?, to dedicate the garden to Krishna.

Should I have a statue of Lord Brahma or Shiva instead ?

Would the statue need to be protected from the elements and bird mess etc, eg in a mini 'temple' of some sort ?

Any suggestions for websites (preferably in the U.K) where I could find a suitable statue would be appreciated. The sites I have found so far had metal statues that were more suitable for indoors, and all sites seemed to be in the US.

There seems to be no-end of Buddha garden figures at UK garden centres, and I have yet to see a Krishna figure. I have a small stone Buddha figure already (Buddha was after all, an incarnation of God?)

Would it be ok if I bought a statue of Krishna made by a commercial company, ie non-devotees ?

I would be grateful for any advice and hope the real devotees reading this can excuse me if I have suggested anything that would be an offence in some way, but I thought it would be nice to garden for Krishna, as one should try and do most things in life for God in some way or other.

Haribol!

Mark

Guest guest

HareKrishna!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada!I offer my humble obeisances unto Him!

Good idea, yes, we should dedicate our activities for the service of the Lord.

But, I am sorry, I dont know where one can get this kind og information except asking in a temple.

Haribol!

anand

Guest guest

yes you may place any and all figures in your garden and yes you should take care of them as you would the very being himself...understand?...don't do it unless you're going to keep them protected and clean...also, it is okay to purchase from non-devotees because you can consecrate them to the lord, His image is His image, no matter where it is found or who made it...understand?

Hare Krishna

My humble obeisances to Srila Prabhupda and all the devotees.

Thank you for your responses.

One thing that bothers me when gardening is that when I dig in the soil I invariably chop worms in half.. there is no intent to harm them on my part, as they are a gardeners best friend, and the living world could not exist without them, but I still feel bad about it..

Does hurting or killing a living creature unintentially as one go's about ones daily business give one bad karma?

What should I do ? Keep chanting I guess!

Haribol !

Guest guest

Hare Krishna.

It is good to have Krishna everywhere, including the garden. If you were to die while gardening and you had a statue of Lord Krishna, then you would think of him and go back home to krishnaloka.

You should be able to buy staue of Lord Krishna in Wembley or Indian stores, even online. Just search.

Kamlesh Patel

Gitamrta.org (Listen to the Bhagavad-gita as it is)