IndiaDivine.org

gods powers limited???

Rate this topic

Guest guest

my friend is kind of confused about how limited gods powers are. he came up with a good question that i cant answer. he says it proves gods powers are limited but i think some of you can answer it. "If god can do anything, he can create a rock that no one could pick up right? Because he is god, he can do anything. but if he creates it so no one can pick it up, then he cant pick it up right? Or if he can pick it up that means that he cant create a rock NO ONE can pick up. That proves gods powers are limited" anyone got an answer to it?

Hari Bol,

Tell your friend he should rather concentrate on picking himself up rather than a stone.

If he still continues with his ways, you leave him to pick up the stones and engage yourself for the best - to return to Godhead.

Hare Krishna

Everything in creation is made by God. So, if a rock is to be created, it has to be done by God only. And, one of the six qualities of God is strength. So he can pick up any rock made by Himself or anybody else. An example of this is Govardhana Mountain, which is lifted by the Lord on his little finger. Everyone knows that Govardhana is a total of thousands of rocks.

lol, thats exactly what i answered but anything thats really factual? like if he says no one even him cant pick it up how can he pick it up?

One should clearly understand about what GOD is like.

He is Sat Chit Ananda Vigraha.

The word SAT explains that your question is illegitimate.

Why ?

SAT means absolute TRUTH.

It speaks about TRUTH(Lord) whose existence is beyond our intellect.

It speaks about TRUTH(Lord) whose existence does not depend on anything else.

It signifies that all other entities depend on HIM for their mere existence moment after moment.

So any entity also moves because HE wills it. This is the ONTOLOGICAL FACT.

We breathe, think, talk and are aware because the LORD enables us.

So a stone that the LORD cannot lift does not exist and will never come into being at any time.

Note that this does not mean that the LORD has some deficiency. It simply means that the person who asked the question is ignorant of what GOD is ?