IndiaDivine.org

re:-I have a question pertaining to Rasa?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna to all devotees

a few days ago i met a person who asked me about the conjugal past times of Radha Krishna and stated that Radha Was Married to another individual yet she was into an affair with lord krishna even though it was transcendental yet it seemed illegitimate to the individual asking me this question coz she was already commited to a Man??

What should i tell her in response??

Hare Krishna

"yet she was into an affair with lord krishna even though it was transcendental"

first we need to define an affair. As you yourself write it was transcendental, so it doesn't come anywhere near any definition of affair.

"coz she was already commited to a Man??"

in what way? Is loving God illegimate if one is married. Or does she think that Krishna is man (normal definition is the presence of material male genitals)? Transcendental means that it is obviously above our bodily conceptions while our judgements are based solely on bodily features.

In this regard Srila Prabhupada has said often that one should read the first nine Cantos and then go on to the 10th Canto because the pastimes of Krishna with gopis are meant for advanced devotees only. how can a person not even in school understand things of phd level?

The problem is that people trivialize things and bring down God to our level with our tiny amount of understanding. Krishna has not enacted the eternal transcendental pastimes for persons with such understanding, but for the pleasure of devotees alone who can relish them to fullest.

Smiling in which the teeth are slightly visible is called hasita smiling. One day Abhimanyu, the so-called husband of Radharani, was returning home, and at that time he could not see that Krsna was there in his house. Krsna immediately changed His dress to look exactly like Abhimanyu and approached Abhimanyu's mother, Jatila, addressing her thus: "My dear mother, I am your real son Abhimanyu, but just see -- Krsna, dressed up like me, is coming before you!" Jatila, the mother of Abhimanyu, immediately believed that Krsna was her own son and thus became very angry at her real son who was coming home. She began to drive away her real son, who was crying, "Mother! Mother! What are you doing?" Seeing this incident, all the girl friends of Radharani, who were present there, began to smile, and a portion of their teeth was visible. This is an instance of hasita smiling.

__ http://nectarofdevotion.com/45/en2

From somwhere else,......!

SRI KRISHNA - the moon-like Supreme Personality of Godhead, a prankish cowherd brahmacari Who lives with His parents at Nanda-gram in Vraja.

VIDYAVALI - Sri Krishna disguised as the learned daughter of Garga Muni.

KALAVALI - Sri Krishna disguised as the artistic young girl-singer, and later the cousin of Srimati Radharani.

SRIMATI RADHARANI - the softest heart of Sri Krishna revealed in personified sweetnesss as the Queen of Vrndavana. She is marrried to Abhimanyu by the divine illusory arrangement of Yoga-maya, and lives in Yavat-gram (2 miles from Nanda-gram) in the house of Abhimanyu's mother Jatila, Her bumbling, senile mother-in-law. Thus she is living several miles away from Her mother and father (Kirtida and Vrsabhanu) who still live at Barsana.

SRI YASODA - the queen of Vraja and foster mother of Sri Krishna

SRI NANDA MAHARAJA - the King of Vraja and foster father of Sri Krishna. Together with Yasoda, he rules the cowherd community from Krishna's Palace in Nanda-gram.

ABHIMANYU - The foolish and dull-witted cowherd boy, who by Yoga-maya's illusion, appears to be the husband of Srimati Radharani; but in reality, never touches Her or has any factual relationship.

KUTILA - the crooked, dull-witted sister of Abhimanyu.

JATILA - the crazy old lady of Yavat and mother of Abhimanyu. Together with Kutila, Jatila alway tries to find fault with Srimati Radharani and spoil all Her divine pastimes.

LALITA - the closest girlfriend of Srimati Radharani. Lalita is older than Sri Radha and she is very defensive and sharp-witted in playing along with the divine pastimes.

VISAKHA - Sri Radhika's twin girlfriend. Born on the very same instant as Sri Radha, Sri Visakha shares identical beauty, identical charms and identical wit.

RUPA MANJARI - the closest maidservant of Lalita, and the personal attendant of Sri Radhika.

TULASI MANJARI - another name for Sri Rati Manjari, who is a very dear maidservant of Radhika.

LAVANGA-LATIKA - Radha's maidservant who resides and serves in Sri Krishna's house at Nanda-gram.

DHANISTHA - an older girl who assists the Divine Couple's pastimes in a very confidential mood.

GARGI - The daughter of the great sage Garga Muni. She is very learned in all the Vedic scriptures.

KUNDA-LATA - Krishna's girl-cousin. She is the wife of Subhadra, who is the son of Upananda, Nanda Maharaja's older brother.

PAURNAMASI - the mother of Sandipani Muni (Sri Krishna's guru and grandmother of the cowherd boy jokester Madhumangala. She is actually Yoga-maya Herself, appearing as an elderly saintly woman always dressed in white, and she arranges all the Vraja pastimes in favor of Sri Sri Radha-Syama's meeting.

Well to my understanding .. the interactions of Radha and Krishna are divine beyond the comprehensions of mundane people like us who cannot fathom as we are still under the influence of maya. Concentrate on the eternal relationship which radha enjoys with Krishna and try to emulate that rather than analyse.