IndiaDivine.org

WHAT TO DO

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna

My suggestion is that first try and understand from Srila Prabhupada's books as to why he again and again said that love whose basis is not God is only lust. Just try and think for yourself as to whether or not it is lust. Then decide for yourself what you consider as more important: devotion to God or your fleeting feeling of love.

The basic instruction for such was the same by Srila Prabhupada: chant, read books, associate with devotees etc. my suggestion is to wait for a few months and if it is still there then you can think about entering into a relationship of marraige. But if the girl is not a devotee it is better to avoid.

"I am in love with a girl and i found that iam decreasing in my devotion to God. What should i do?"

chant hare krishna and be happy...

if you are in love it is clear that you need it... to repress it is not intelligent... so there's nothing to do if to live your new experience and going on chanting hare krishna mahamantra

Well okay you are in Love with a girl- and you have got the feeling that it is decreasing your KC. How does that come?

Being in love and loving some-one that all about love and Krishna is love.

For me only the question is…how does it come that it is decreasing you in your spiritual life?

Is it because she lives in temple and you get disturbed” that you can not concentrate or feel uncomfortable with her presence – or is it a girl who doesn’t follow the principles and by association with her you feel uncomfortable too because of this difference?

I would like to share something with you : I am practicing KC but I am not living in a temple, I am working studding etc. I meet so many people who are not into KC, even my best friends they are not vegetarian and drinking alcohol. But because of this I am learning to be tolerant, to accept they way of life- as I ant them to accept me- right now I way too attached to a boy/man aswell, not because of his looks, not because of behaviour, but because of his energy field and his self-esteem.. It hurts me and I am confused as he is eating meat, going to the Mac etc. ( things I really do not like !!!) not really a religious person I might say.

But I have the feeling that this is a lesion from God. That although you think that person is not helping you in spiritual life…he is helping you like anything.

As now (because I am a bit in love) I am learning to be tolerant and love others although their way of life is not mine…

I know that this love doesn’t less, its just for time being to show me something. ( it can hurt sometimes)

Think about it what this girl can bring to you in your life…do not suppress your feelings…be honest and confronted your self with “what do you want” from her- and can you still be yourself practicing KC?

And how can it be a lesion for you to concentrate on...

Hope this might help you…

Your servant

zara

Dear Zara,

Thank u very much for ur reply. Iam very much convinced wiht ur reply. How beautifully u have put the words and coined a superb statement. I was amazed by it. Let God bless u.

Have a nice day Zara.