IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
BruzWayne

Karmi activities

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna.

How bad can it be listening to karmi music like rock, pop, regge, jazz, blues and so on music? It is sense gratification, right?

So, do we have to stop listening or singing this karmi music? Maybe replace it with Hare Krishna cd's right?

I only have one Hare Krishna cd, so as soon as I get some sales bonus in my job I'll request by mail as many Hare Krishna cd's as I can in order to listen and singing devotional music every day.

For the moment, is it too bad listening to rock music or is it just a sense gratification activitie that isn't very harmful?

Hare Krishna.

And what about movies? It is also sense gratification to go to the movies every now and then to watch movies like Spiderman or Catwoman or Star Wars?

Hare Krishna.

Guest guest

Hi Bruz, Hare Krishna !

The minute independence that we have is to look at things as holy or unholy.

I cannot avoid seeking the bit karmi songs (from our Hindi movies) that my daughter and wife sees on the TV channels. But in this condition too, I do not allow my mind to get into the karmi way of thinking but I look at those pictures in a spiritualized way – i.e. the girls dancing are dancing for Sri Krishna and even the lyrics that goes with the dance I CONNECT IT TO SRI KRISHNA.

So you see in my mind I HAVE A HOLY FEELING even while I see those songs which would normally be viewed as karmi.

Hope I have been able to give you some direction.

Continue chanting the Maha Mantra and wish you all the very best for all the good things in life.

Shekhar

Guest guest

Hello Bruz,

Source " Srimad Bhagvatam, Canto 1, Chapter 10 Text 20...

In the Bhagavad-gita it is said that in all the Vedic literatures the goal is the Personality of Godhead Sri Krsna. Factually the glories of the Lord are depicted in such literature as the Vedas, Ramayana and Mahabharata. And in the Bhagavatam they are specifically mentioned in respect to the Supreme Lord. Therefore, while the ladies on the tops of the houses in the capital of the kings of the Kuru dynasty were talking about the Lord, their talk was more pleasing than the Vedic hymns. Anything sung in the praise of the Lord is Sruti-mantra. There are songs of Thakura Narottama dasa, one of the acaryas in the Gaudiya-sampradaya, composed in simple Bengali language. But Thakura Visvanatha Cakravarti, another very learned acarya of the same sampradaya, has approved the songs by Thakura Narottama dasa to be as good as Vedic mantras. And this is so because of the subject matter. The language is immaterial, but the subject matter is important. The ladies, who were all absorbed in the thought and actions of the Lord, developed the consciousness of Vedic wisdom by the grace of the Lord. And therefore although such ladies might not have been very learned scholars in Sanskrit or otherwise, still whatever they spoke was more attractive than the Vedic hymns. The Vedic hymns in the Upanisads are sometimes indirectly directed to the Supreme Lord. But the talks of the ladies were directly spoken of the Lord, and thus they were more pleasing to the heart. The ladies' talks appeared to be more valuable than the learned brahmanas' benedictions.

Directly direct the karmi music to the Supreme Lord and that will be more valuable than the karmic meaning.

BUT UNDOUBTEDLY THE BEST WAY WOULD BE TO AVOID SEEING SUCH KARMIC MOVIES, HEARING SUCH KARMIC SONGS.

Shekhar

Hare Krishna, Shekhar. Very interesting point. By using the imagination one can visualize mundane situations as related to Krishna.

Well, I couldn't win the August 2004 sales bonus of 1,000.00 US dollars, so I'll have to wait more time before ordering Hare Krishna cd's from Iskcon L.A. Actually, I would like to order the whole Hare Krishna cd's collection and the whole Prabhupada books collection because it's a real treasure, however I'll have to wait until having enough money. In the meantime I'll keep doing my bhakti-yoga programs with the material that I have namely one cd (hare krishna temple songs) and one tape (Kirtana Prabhupada with devotees in New York) and incense and candle and water and Prabhupada's picture and Krishna's picture.

Yesterday I did some kirtana and read Srimad Bhagavatam (one verse) and chanted 3 japa rounds, hopefully I'll sing 16 rounds in one session again.

And karmi music, well, since Krishna is the Supreme Controller I'm sure that He'll decide when it's time for me to earn enough Lakshmi to request the whole Hare Krishna cd's collection by mail so let's give time to time.

Hare Krishna.

ussualy, when i get high and vividly enjoying. even the music without karmic counts sounds from whithin. so on, in whithin you steel having inner Karmas even in devotional desires etc, that is holy, but not holliest than. i mean, thats not my point neither, because we could hear vedic mantras, hear or just listen to them.. in movies; example the matrix, but the ever present truth that dances from each is with the lord hari. whithin each, and the ladies knows how to share this personal energi too, that is sokmething i relly also on these days.

so the other more is just endeveour. may you have good wishes in instance when me waching at those.

Jaya ! shekar.

Nick

Guest guest

of all the music styles u listed reggae is best

as 99% of reggae is in praise of Jah (God)

so it's God concious music at least that is a good thing!

Guest guest

so much conciiouss yo then there is great things going rownd the reggae....

I have heard some kirtans on reggae bits as to be with the link. www.iskcon.it/prabhupadadesh/peace.m3u chanted by prahlad the huge devotee of the lord shri Hari, and being conquered by love for this lion Heeead.

OK, really i have found so trascendental things on in Reggae. As the Kingship is being held buy this Wild Wide World star rising way down throden there in the "deepest" place of the third world..

I mean is fantastic the music !!!

Is heart linked in the beat ! U know..

I and I ! For Ever !

Guest guest

With all due respect, I am a big nobody but if I may...

I notice you mention wanting more money and wanting to win bonus money to buy more paraphanalia, etc. It's great that you are desiring to buy Krishna Consciousness things. However, maybe quit chasing after more money and accept what Krishna has already provided you: One CD, one tape, one picture of Krishna and one picture of Prabhupada and the ability to chant the Maha Mantra and the opportunity to correspond with devotees via at a temple or on the internet. Who could ask for more?

Keep on the path and everything will be provided to you without much endeavor. Chant and Be Happy seems to be the answer to everything from what I've read so far. I also wish I had more books, even one tape or one CD, etc. But I have the ability 24/7 to chant the Maha Mantra so I am also trying to accept what has been provided. Staying on the path isn't as easy as I thought it would be, persistence is pretty much the key. But what do I know? I'm a karmi attached to everything, having false ego etc.

- With all Respect to the Devotees on this site and everywhere.

Guest guest

i do really thing on the music file also that, at this time the best thing comes when u know your self, because of the way as the music beat within..

Marley, Rob Nesta Marley the king of reggae also says at When it hits you feel no pain, so heat me with music !.

I remember he working just for the message, for him and for is just simple life. And reggae is so simple cheap and for everyone -- recalling for the record members and people arown the money seems him vice, and he recalls ad receive benditions as to do it in a simple maner but fullfillment giving things to people that does not have. the down throden.

So the message takes you to your own place as me practice and get this in my life self realized, So the message and the worthy things is gettin when one realizes by own self a way. And not just for having.

I would say that i could not know so much things thanxs to Bob, as a suport i buyed all the CD live collection from him.

Best thing is to know your self.. that is always unlimited too. then link it to serve Lord. As the reggae suferrahs !!

Om shanti

Guest guest

ALL DEPENDS HOW SERIOUS YOU ARE IN GETTING RID OF THIS MATERIAL CONSCIOUSNESS. IT IS NOT JUST A MOVIE, IS A WAY OF THINKING, A CULTURE BEHIND THE ACTIVITY. AS SRILA PRABHUPADA SAY, IF YOU CHOSE GOD YOU BACK TO GOD, IF YOU CHOSE DOG, THEN YOU REMAIN ATTACHED TO CATWOMAN AND SPIDERMAN...

Guest guest

i have seen George Harrison shking hands with Bob Marley.. But not nkown yet if Them have aproached through oput the masters teachin and the hole thing... have seen few photos and thing but not much further !!...

Anyone knows further?