IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Swami Chinmayananda

Rate this topic

Guest guest

By the same token can we say to degrade everyone is to degrade no one? I don't think so. Otherwise I could be completely racist and I would not be a racist. While I understand that you are saying that to worship everything means that in fact you don't hold anything higher than anything else, therefore nothing is given special treatment, we cannot treat it this way because the bounds of relativity extend beyond our own personal thinking. If this were the case hating everyone would be the same as loving everyone.

This is at the heart of the question of equality of vision. One must see everything as equal but on what level? It must be on a level of love not hate. Of Worship not degradation.

Besides does't Sri Krsna teach

"One should offer obeisances before all—even the dogs, outcastes, cows and asses—falling flat upon the ground like a rod."

Did not Prahlad see Krsna even in the Pillar? Doesn't everything then become worshippable?

Guest guest

OOps my apologies. I think I confused the meaning with his Govinda of VivekaChudamani where he says I prostrate myself before Govinda the true guru etc etc..... Bhaja govindam would be more likely to mean Krsna from the context and setting of the poem.

Guest guest

You are not seperate from other things which are gods. In Nithya Sidha this is what happens, you see god in everything, and you help/service to others as though they are our own ('apna'). This is the intelligence which is different from the mundane thing we all refer as intelligence or scientific.

There is no question of degrade or upgrade. It's simply you. No body cares if you consider the god higher or lower, or position a million gods at different infinite levels between a high & a low. It's not that you prove to others that you believe in god. It's gotto be your own experience.

Please don't think that Prahalad thought like you, "see I bowed to a pillar and that's how god was please with me & he came to kill the rakshasa". Prahalad had no intention of killing anyone. He was more intelligent that the demon that he saw god in all the thing that are Gods. When god came and saved him, Prahalad was more glad to have had the experience of God than the mundane fact that his life was saved.

(We all know that for God to eliminate someone, it's no effort, it doesn't have to look terrifying, wild, strong or anyhting..it's a giffy).

Guest guest

I said the same thing that you did. Prahlad saw Krsna in the Pillar. I didnt say he bowed to the pillar. He bowed to Krsna whom he saw in everything.

Just to be clear by gods you mean god's right?

The opposite of upgrade is actually downgrade not degrade (but that is neiter here nor there I know what you meant). You completely missed the whole point I made. Maybe it is my fault if I did was being unclear, if so I will try to be clearer in the future.

Guest guest

You say this in your note

" The opposite of upgrade is actually downgrade not degrade (but that is neiter here nor there I know what you meant)"

What you say is interesting. Thinking closely, let's realize that people mean the above when they say "I don't understand what you are saying.." or "I am totally confused.." or "Are you trying to tell (this) & Blame ..." etc. Let's learn not to respond to such things. Trust me, you cannot accuse anyone in the world that they are forcing you to be either here or there. If you think so it's your assumption. And you therefore put a deadline or restriction upon yourself for doing so (for which God may not one day come down to thank you)

Spirituality is not a polarized state, judgements often are. By becoming slaves of others judgements, and living a life by dodging and being on the right side of it is not a example led by the supreme personality of krishna.

Guest guest

I'm sorry but you apparently misunderstood again.

I meant that I knew what you meant.. (hence the reason I said "I knew what you meant"). So it didnt matter that you wrote the wrong thing because I knew what you were saying. I never at any stage implied

""I don't understand what you are saying.." or "I am totally confused.." or "Are you trying to tell (this) & Blame ..." etc"

since I said " I know what you meant" Which is quite the opposite.

"Trust me, you cannot accuse anyone in the world that they are forcing you to be either here or there."

Frankly I don't know whose posts you read when you say these things. Maybe you are reading from one forum and posting on another. Please if you don't understand what someone is saying then ASK don't just infer. cause you are quite obviously misunderstanding everything.

Please try to keep the discussions on the actual topic and let us not waste everyone's time nitpicking minor details (although that may be my fault for bringing it up heheh)

Guest guest

ps.. for your general information.

"neither here nor there" is an expression meaning that something is to trivial to really pay attention to or elaborate about.

Guest guest

especially if american from a . background with out knowlage you will fall. you must know why KC is the best. i have studied all religions and most all hindu faiths, i perfer KC because i have knowlage that KC is best.

anyone can tell you how great some things are but if you donot know about other things you will feel like there is something else.

learn about other faiths and your understanding of KC will improve.

if you just jump in to KC with out knowlage your destined to fall unless your some amazing person.

i come off like a bigot but i personally think other schools and faiths are false and not worth much respect. but why do i fell like that? knowlage, knowlage and more knowlage.

Guest guest

"Hare Krishna.

Srila Prabhupada said anyone who says I am god, or he is god, and so is he, and he and so on is a rascal.

chinmayananda is a big rascal who preaches from the Bhagavad-gita but worships Shiva as the supreme, not Krishna."

Kamlesh,

Hare Krishna! Please don't call anyone a rascal. Krishna says I am the devotee of devotees of my devotees. Since Shiva is a devotee of Krishna, Krishna also becomes a devotee of Shiva's devotees. Please correct me if I am wrong or have offended you or anyone.

Guest guest

"especially if american from a . background with out knowlage you will fall. you must know why KC is the best. i have studied all religions and most all hindu faiths, i perfer KC because i have knowlage that KC is best.

anyone can tell you how great some things are but if you donot know about other things you will feel like there is something else.

learn about other faiths and your understanding of KC will improve.

if you just jump in to KC with out knowlage your destined to fall unless your some amazing person.

i come off like a bigot but i personally think other schools and faiths are false and not worth much respect. but why do i fell like that? knowlage, knowlage and more knowlage.

"

HareKrishna!

Along with knowing other faiths, you must take to chanting HareKrishna mahamantra simultaneously, otherwise there is every possibility of getting lost in the "ocean" of understanding. Chanting can make you perfect and also give you the insight to correct and unbiased understanding of other faiths. The greatest example in this case is our beloved spiritual master Srila Prabhupada. He knew everything yet engaged in devotional service. HareKrishna!

Guest guest

Just by devotionally reading the Srimad Bhagvatam one will conclude that Lord Krishna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Do not be bewildered by his descending on Earth 5000 years ago. Nothing about his 'birth', activities is material, it is all transcendental.

Guest guest

What do you mean by transcendental? Please don't tell me that it means free from material qualties that does not give me any information. (like telling a square is not a circle). I want to know what it is not just what it is not.

Guest guest

Come out and speak if you have guts.

Never say any of the Guru as a Rascal you non sense Materialist, Hypocrite.

Krishna

Guest guest

Kamlesh Patel, Suruche saruche tum tumhara wife ke saath spirituality karna tik hai, Tum Hypocrite hai

Guest guest

How many sections and differences inside HAre Krishna group, how many molestations of lady devotees, How many hypocrisy, why that is split???

Which Hare Krishna group I should believe

Guest guest

This is a call to lots of others who have got involved in this chain of discussion other than me or Sumed or the unregisted guest who has written harsh words like calling some one as a Rascal........... To conclude I would like thank you all for bringing out various views and different angles of approach to the subject "What is the difference between CHinmayanand or PrabhuPada, If any". I would like to place this argument for your finalization with a question.............. Which of thes two are better persons a) Srila Prabhupada who taught his devotees to call people who pray other Gods as Rascals and also Bhakti Marga OR b) Chinmaya who taught that each one has a different path and we should be understanding and be all inclusive and also explained vedanta as in Shankara Bhashya .....

Decide who is a better proponent of Vedanta....

Guest guest

" I would like to place this argument for your finalization with a question.............. Which of thes two are better persons a) Srila Prabhupada who taught his devotees to call people who pray other Gods as Rascals and also Bhakti Marga OR b) Chinmaya who taught that each one has a different path and we should be understanding and be all inclusive and also explained vedanta as in Shankara Bhashya ....."

This sounds as if you are putting a question, whose answer you have already settled in mind.

"Srila Prabhupada who taught his devotees to call people who pray other Gods as Rascals"

This shows your hidden despise for Srila Prabhupada.

Srila Prabhupada never called ppl rascals, to abase or humiliate them. He is an Acarya. If a mother slaps her child because he is touching the electric wire, is she doing any wrong? Or should she go to the child with love and request him not to touch the wire. Will the child listen? These are the bhavas. Srila Prabhupada assumed the mode of anger, because by request and love you cannot always convince mass people of the absolute reality.

But this doesnt mean, he taught his disciples to go call everyone a rascal on the street. In fact he taught to become humbler than a blade of grass and more tolerant than a tree. Srila Prabhupada is an Acarya. He has full authority to call me, or anyone a rascal, because we (in this cover of Maya) are.

But his disciples, e.g myself cannot go around call everyone a rascal, coz I am myself a rascal at the moment. Unless I am not self realized how can i raise fingers on others.

Yesterday I was listening to Srila Prabhupad's lecture. He said if you are not completing your fixed number of rounds for some reason today, you should complete it tomorrow. and if even then you are not completing then you are a rascal. because you have got so called time for eating and sleeping but no time for your chanting? this is cheating.

Now if I take myself, several times it has happened to me that I missed my rounds and didnt complete, though I didnt compromise on my food and sleep. So accordingly, Srila Prabhupada is calling me a rascal. So what should I do? Should I get offended and start spitting venom for him (like you), or should I accept his words as an instruction by a father, who chastises his child for the goodwill of the child only? I chose the later.

Srila Prabhupada is a great Acarya. We all should respect him. Dont misunderstand his teachings please.

Guest guest

Thanks for clarifying certain points. If what you say like....

He said if you are not completing your fixed number of rounds for some reason today, you should complete it tomorrow. and if even then you are not completing then you are a rascal.

I accept this. In this case you have missed something and you treat yourself as a Rascal and admonish yourself and change and become a better person. But how can I JUdge others and call them Rascals. I totaly agree with your above statement. If this is what Srila has said I take it as a good pointer for my growth.

If you see this instance above it is very clear that teachings of any guru is to Judge ourselves and improve ourselves but not to Judge others and call them as Rascals. This is my Argument.

For your comment....

Srila Prabhupada is a great Acarya. We all should respect him. Dont misunderstand his teachings please.

I respect Srila Prabhupada as a great Acharya or else so many people around the world would have not heard of Krishna, I respect SaiBaba as I see he has supreme powers by creating a Free public service which no one in this present world can achieve, Nay not even imagine, I respect Sri Sri Ravishankar for his passion to bring in that part of scriptures which spreads Love for everyone in the world, In the same vein I respect Swami CHinmayananda who brought in the concept of Learning Bhagwad Gita rather than just chanting it.... How can anyone who is planning to raise his level of spiritual conciousness call any of these with Harsh Words......

If what you say about the teachings above is correct why would I have a bias against Srila.....

I expected every one to say Both are great Saints who have helped in increasing the level of spiritual conciousness of common people like us......... That is why I asked the question....