IndiaDivine.org

Mahabharata

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

I would appreciate answers to the following that is troubling me:

1) Arjuna is Krishna's cousin. Subadhra is Krishna's sister. Therfore, Arjuna must also b Subadhra's cousin. Therefore, how can they get married?

2) Brahmins are wearing deerskins in the Mahabharata - surely that would entail killing deers.

3) Yuddhistira gambles in the Mahabharata, why does he do that just because Dritarastha is his elder - surely Krishna is the OLDEST - therefore he should follow his instructions from the Vedas about no gambling above any instructions from Dritarastha, a mere mortal. Also, how can Yuddhistira be relied upon to promote religiosity in the world, if he gambles and stakes himslf, his own wife and brothers?

4) When Kings make bad decisions, surely Brahmins are supposed to rebel - i thought that was the whole point of Varnashram - so why do the Brahmins not check Dritarastha when he allows the gambling to go ahead. In fact why deosn't Yuddhistira askadvice from his Priest, Dhaumya, before engaging in gambling?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Haribol,

Nimesh

Dear Prabhuji,

I would like to reply to your points as per little knowledge I have:

(1) Who is not direct relative of Krishna? Eveerything has come from Krishna. He is the seed giving father of all of us. We all are also his direct cousins/ sons/daughters.

(2)Deer has a life also. The cobbler after dying of a deer can remove the skin and give it to respected real brahmins.

(3) Everything happens in Lord's desire. Who can stop it? It is difficult to understand the leela of supreme lord. Even great Risis, Lord Brahma also sometimes bewildered by the leela of param purusa SriKrishna. Even one who is living entirely on the quality of goodness alone, he has also chance to fall down. Only SriKrishna is above the gunas. So, Yudhistir living in the mode of goodness can also commit mistake.

(4) A man who has experienced the brahma can be called Brahmin. So, to what extent they were Brahmin and whether they have opposed to it initially is not fully unknown.

With my little knowledge, I have replied. I may be forgiven for any mistakes. We can only understand Krishna by complete surrenderness not by speculation by utilising our limited mind.

Hare Krishna

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

Thank you for your answers, I have a few points to make:

1) I know that everyone is direct relative of Krishna, but in this material world, there are obvious sanctions against marrying relatives. Hence, surely Krishna would not want to encourage cross-cousin marriages. Even though we are all related to Krishna, if Arjuna was also a cousin of Subhadra in the material sense, it seems strange that they were married.

2) I guess that makes sense about the Deer - thanks for clearing that up.

3) By definition, if Yuddhistira was living in mode of goodness, he wouldn't have even started to gamble - and having started, he wouldn't have got so carried away. Also, if you are a true Kshatriya, you should take advice from your brahmins before making decision - he didn't ask Dhaumya for his opiniion before engaging in gambling. I find that strange, because Yuddhistra asks for Dhaumya's advice on everything else!

Thanks for your replies. I understand what you say about complete surrender, but we must also ask questions to strengthen our faith - strong faith with knowledge is always better than blind faith.

Hare Krishna,

Nimesh