IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Non vegetarian and fellow beings

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have a query

We know that there are 86000 species which a soul has to transmigrate before reaching god and of them Human Soul being karma yoni is considerd best, so whats wrong in killing animals and eating them because in a way we are reducing their life span on materialistic earth and helping them transmigrate fast, which otherwise too they have to do and why onion and garlic despite being vegetarian food is prohibited

Also if soul is truth and body is of less importance why should we help fellow beings, in a way we are helping them survive for materialistic things or for their body not soul

I admit that I am not thorough with the teachings of Gita and Hare Krishna but reading a little abt these thgs I had the above mentioned queries also I am a vegetarian and have no plans of adopting non vegetarian food.

We know that there are 86000 species

----

There are according to Srimad Bhagavatam 8,400,000 species of life, humans being a species as well.

which a soul has to transmigrate before reaching god and of them Human Soul being karma yoni is considerd best,

----

i hope so, my cat dosn't know how to type (i don't have a cat, but just for this joke, i'll oh say i do.)

so whats wrong in killing animals and eating them because in a way we are reducing their life span on materialistic earth and helping them transmigrate fast, which otherwise too they have to do

----

we can't play God, karma will take care of it, who the heck are you or i to interfere?

and why onion and garlic despite being vegetarian food is prohibited

----

spiritual life is conductive, by avoiding these foods, main reason prabhu is cause Lord Krishna not like them.-:)

Also if soul is truth and body is of less importance why should we help fellow beings, in a way we are helping them survive for materialistic things or for their body not soul

----

taking care of body for krishna is good, its took a long time to get human body, good chance now, so chant hare-krishna!

I admit that I am not thorough with the teachings of Gita and Hare Krishna but reading a little abt these thgs I had the above mentioned queries

----

all glories to you prabhuji!, your questions are nice, my answers not so much, still it took me 7 mins to type this out, so appreciate it!

also I am a vegetarian and have no plans of adopting non vegetarian food.

----

Thats great, also avoid eggs as well and fish, read Prabhupada Gita/Hare-Krishna Mantra, Bless me, urm..and NEVER GIVE UP CHANTING HARE-KRISHNA!

And complicated too. But as i understand it an animal is given its life in THAT body according to its past karma. If a human uses his free will to kill THAT animal then the animal must start over again at the place it left off. While the human now must suffer some consequence. So it does not actually quicken the cycle to human form. Although if the same animal is killed due to disease or higher food chain animal, then THAT was an "act of God".

Onion and Garlic are foods in the mode of ignorance so they are not benifitial to coming to the mode of goodness.

As far as helping others in their material body we dont do that so much. We give them Krsna and Krsna purifies us while in our material bodies or temple for the atma/soul along with the supersoul/paramatma. Purification by prasadam, food offered to Krsna becomes Krsna. Sound also is purifying when it is "Krsnaized" like with the Maha Mantra. These are real benifits for man kind. Also giving the urgent message of Prabhupada "we are not these bodies,we are spirit soulsthe purpose of human life is to become Krsna/God conscious" this is the most benificial knowledge for the embodied soul. Not only human but animal too, for those animals that are touched by Prasadam and Hearing Krsna's name are also purified and helped towards the Ultimate goul of life.

As far as vegetarian i celebrate my 27th year soon for that.