IndiaDivine.org

Learn Sanskrit

Rate this topic

KrishnaBhakta

I have searched the web for websites where I can learn Sanskrit; However, I have mainly failed. Can anybody help me by stating a reference that I can use to learn Sanskrit, preferrably a tutorial that I can download.

I know Gujarati(can speak it, understand it, and read it), Hindi(speak it and understand it), English(speat it, understand it, read and write in it), and somewhat of Spanish(I am in Spanish II is the high school that I attend.)

Thank You and Jay Sri Krsna

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have found the following tutorials good as introductory lessons:

First Lesson in Sanskrit by JR Ballantyne. Downloadable from Million Books at www.archive.org/details/millionbooks (This book doesn't aim for completeness, but teaches the essentials including translations in the briefest manner.) You can also try Sanskrit Baladarsha for a beginner's course. Both are available for download at Million Books.

Go to Satya Sai Website at http://www.vedamu.org/Sankrit/sankritmain.asp

You will find elementary books. They are all meant for on-line viewing. You will find some elementary (Primary Sanskrit in Pictures) and advanced books. If you want to get the entire book in one shot without clicking page by page, please get in touch with me at ccparam@hotmail.com

I have got some more links, but the above should be good enough for a beginner.