IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
bhaktachris

Urgent message from Prabhupada. How to increase book distribution....

Rate this topic

Today i attended a class on The Bhagavad Gita As It Is, 4th Chapter Verse #4. Given by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, on March 24,1974 in Bombay, India........ /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I heard the facts given by Him as to why His edition (Macmillan Company) is increasing while others are diminishing. The following are some excerpts typed/copied from folio disk same class.....

Therefore we are presenting Bhagavad-gita As It Is, and it is being accepted all over the world. We have the greatest sale of our edition, this Bhagavad-gita. Just three months before I got report. In London, in two months, we sold about thirty thousand copies. And the trades manager of Macmillan Company, he has sent me letter that while the other editions, they're diminishing, this edition is increasing by sale. Why? Because it is presented as it is, without any wrong interpretation. People are appreciating. This is a fact. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

More on this subject from Folio......

Therefore we are presenting Bhagavad-gita as it is, without any malinterpretation. This is the significance. And people are appreciating. Macmillan Company, our publisher, they printed fifty thousand copies of this book in August, and it was finished by October.... We have got very good demand for our books, all these books. December 9 1972 /images/graemlins/wink.gif

The Doctor is in A.C. Bhaktivedanta.....Just like if you take a medicine bottle. The direction, as it is stated in the bottle, you have to take medicine in that way. You cannot make your own direction, interpretation. Nonsense. We don't accept. We are publishing one book,Bhagavad-gita As It Is. It has been taken by one great publisher, Macmillan Company,and we'll have it by the month of October. Don't interpret. We explain things as they are. That should be the attitude. Why? Why interpretation? By interpretation, there are 664 editions of Bhagavad-gita. June 10 1968 /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I am anxiously awaiting my newest order for a case of Bhagavad-gita As It Is Macmillan Publisher to distribute the REAL pure message, unudulterated, not misinterpreted, with no wrong interpretation according to the only one in our movement who is qualified to say what is bonafide or not. My mission: to place a Bhagavad-gita As It Is Prabhupada's version in every public library within 50 miles of my mountain top home.

Attention fellow Bhagavad-gita faithfull make sure you have Srila Prabhupada's stamp of approval before ordering any Bhagavad-gita. The only way to do this is to buy the Bhagavad-gita As It Is Published by Macmillan /images/graemlins/wink.gif

/images/graemlins/smile.gifLets restart the huge book distribution program of Prabhupada's books like the past by having the book that started it all. Bhagavad-gita As It Is/Macmillan Company

Hare Krsna,

I have a new case of Bhagavad-gita As It Is and planning the distribution of those now.

It arrived today from The Bhaktivedanta Book Trust to my Bhaktivedanta Asrama high in the Green Mountains.

Thank you to Srila Prabhupada for the service of this book distribution of the most highest knowledge and thank you to His servants so cooperatively getting It to me. /images/graemlins/grin.gif