IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Who is a Guru

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thought processes in the mind (above the subtle matter) are TRUE if they can be EXPERIENCED....

Haribol!

Guest guest

A "Guru" is one without "Pride".

He is never looking for self-glorification.

He is always glorifying Shri Hari, Gurudeva and Vaishnavas.

Hare Krsna,

The word guru is used quite loosely, and there seems to be more than one type of guru. In the Maha Bharata there is talk of gurus for the proper use of military weapons. Arjuna had one of these, if my memory works his name is Dronacarya. But we all know that Arjuna's guru for spiritual matters was Krsna, so if you are asking about a spiritual guru, then you are talking about something special. But again we have gurus for matters of spirit too. For instance i have the guru who brought me to Prabhupada's instructions, and inspired me to follow them. I also have the guru who gave me initiation/spiritual name and again, gave me inspiration to follow. But many have the gurus of the sampradaya, as in the Brahma, Madhva, Gaudiya and including Bhaktivedanta Sampradaya to date. Those are very special Gurus or Acaryas,doing as Krsna does, coming to this world to Kill the demons (prabhupada killed their philosiphy)and to reinstate the proper Dharma.

Prabhupada also said that Jesus is our guru. One who teaches about God.

One must pray to the supersoul in our hearts for a bonafide guru, who gives us the perfect knowledge.

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif hare krsna /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Guest guest

Dear BhaktaChris

Lord Shri Krishna Chaitanya's mercy is for one and everyone. Therefore every spirit soul can be a potential Gurudeva of the type that you are talking about.

Haribol!

Guest guest

I agree with Guest Prabhu,

We have countless Earth planets in our Universe.

We have countless Universes in Shri Krishna's creation.

Therefore we need countless devotees like Srila Prabhupada to help the suffering souls at the same time on all the Earth planets.

Shri Krishna has countless Gopis and countless Manjari's (Srila Prabhupada is one of them) serving Him.

However devotees like Srila Prabhupada will be special for those souls who are saved by him. And for the ones for whom he is the Guiding Angel.

Haribol!