IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
gyerena

Sri Yantram

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna

I would like to know what is Sri Yantram, and if there is any contradiction between using a medallion with Sri Yantram and practicing Krishna Consciousness as Srila Prabhupada taught. Thanks for your attention.

Haribol

Guest guest

The Shri yantra is the Yantra 'energy diagram' representing feminine energy. Shri (Fortune)is an epithet of Lakshmi. There are 9 concentric layers here. the central bindu spot is the residence of lalita (Lolita,sexuality, Playfulness creativity)who is Rajarajeshwari (Divine empress)and Mahatripura sundari (The great Belle of the three worlds). This is the Shakti (energy) empowering male deities such as Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh. The main text for this is the Lalita Sahasranama given by Vishnu as Hayagriv to the rishi (seer) Agastya.

The south indian composer Muthuswami Dikshitar composed Navaavrana (9 cycles)Krities about this yantra. It also appears in Adi Shankaracharya's Saundarya Lahiri (Waves of beauty). Worry about religious contradictions should be left to Jews, Christians and Moslems who are generally intolerant of any thing which does not tally with their personal or global beliefs. Hinduism is all inclusive and Hindu gods don't seek vengence for hurt pride or suffer jealousy. Any act commited out of love for the lord is acceptable. Can you ever even for a moment imagine a Vishnu or Krishna being jealous over the fact that their consort was the subject of a devotee's adoration? I think not.

Hare Krishna

Thanks for your answer. What i was thinking when i asked if there was a contradiction with Srila Prabhupada's teachings was that, in my ignorance, i was afraid that using a medallion with Sri Yantra could be someway related with impersonalists. I doubted about that because i thougt it could be something like adoring an impersonal energy and not the form of the Godhead. But from your answer i understand that there's no contradiction. Thanks again.

Haribol.

Guest guest

Namaskar

I am a worshippor and collector of big size Meru Crystal Shri Yantra.

I would like to share with you an image of few of my exclusive collection.

Thanks.

Guest guest

i dont see that yantra would be impersonalists because all yantras are diagrams of specific deity energy

You can even get Sri Krishna yantra!