IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Srila Prabhupada's miracle.....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada!I offer my humble obeisances unto him.

I just read an article posted by a devotee explaining his experience. I got inspired by reading his story. So i thought i could post my experience as well, if it can inspire someone else.

Iam from India, from the southern part of India. Here there are more Siva followers than Krishna, at least this is my experience. My experience in Krishna Consciousness started rather in a bizarre fashion. I was born a Saivaite(follower of LordSiva) especially my parents are strict Saivites and my father does not like praying LordKrishna.Anyway, when I was 23years old(1998),it all started. Up until then I was frustrated with life and i know I was heading for a big fall.I was a college medical college drop out and my father despised me because of that. At that period of my life from 20-23years, i stopped believeing in GOD and turned into an atheist, inspite of my parents being strict Siva followers. I thought praying GOD was a waste of time and went to the extent of ridiculing people who were sincere devotees. I used to smoke a lot and drink as well. In short i was a total brat and leading a life of a hippie in India. Frustrated with myself, did not know what to do, I knew i was going down.I was foolish enough that I challenged GOD that i will never come to HIM for help. I blasphemed HIm many times due to my own frustration. In january 1998, it all started, I went blind in one eye due to internal bleeding and slowly lost both my eyes. I was totally blind and was rendered useless. After dropping out from medical school,i joined B.Arch(bachelors in architecture) and for being an architect, one needs his eyes. I thought this was the end as I lost both my eyes. My vision would get better temporarily and would drop completely every 1-2months. Doctors guaranteed that I will get ok in 2months. But, was never the case. Meanwhile, my parents decided me to take me to a tour of Siva temples of south India. I went with them with partial vision. My father being a strict Siva follower, never enocuraged Vaisnava philosophy. We were in down south of India, inside a Siva temple. After offering our prayers, myself and my dad came out to the entrance crossing the temple shops. We crossed almost every shop and were heading to our car. Suddenly, my dad, out of no where again went back inside the temple to a guy selling spiritual books. My father, being a strict Siva follower, decided to buy Bhagavad Gita.I was amazed as he never does this. This shop was very small and the shop had no roof over it.It was small with some books.Among the books, there was Bhagavad Gita As it Is by Srila Prabhupada. Looking back now, Iam amazed how Prabhupada's book reached that small town especially in down south of India which is predominantly a Saivite area.Anyways,my father decided to buy Prabhupada's book inside a Siva temple. We bought the book and were heading home. I went through the book and liked the pictures, i thought i never would read this book as I had no strong faith in GOD anyways. The tour of the temples were over, and my frustration was growing to an extent that I was going crazy. My vision would get better and again would go blind. This was the state and 6 months passed like this. I thought I will never gain my vision and in total depression, I sat on the balcony of my apartment, looked up at the skies,God broke my ego and arrogance and made me fall to my knees. I begged for His mercy to relieve me from my pain. The next day, as usual with frustration,not knowing what to do, saw Prabhupada's book on the table. For some reason, that book was out as I did not see the book all these days. I thought to myself,attracted by the colorful psictures, why dont I read this book? It was about 7.00pm in the night and started reading the Bhagavad Gita As it is from the cover page. Everything started coming back. I felt the presence of God(Krishna) that He will take care of me. I started to realize the potency of Prabhupada's book. It was amazing. generally for my eye to regain some sort of vision took 2full months. But by the grace of Krishna, I almost finished half the Bhagavad Gita and was 3.00am in the morning. I decided to sleep, to my amazement, both my eyes regained complete vision and the bleeding inside stopped. I almost cried in disbelief as this was a complete miracle. It says in the Gita, Abandon all Kinds of religion and surrender unto me, i will take care of you. I did that and Krishna took care of me with an immediate effect.All these days i was a rut and all i asked was His mercy and that too only once and krishna immediately gave it to me. I consider myself the luckiest person. Later in the year I operated both my eyes and now Iam good doing my Masters in the US. From then on, to this day, I have been following Krishna and Prabhupada and have decided to serve Krishna and Prabhupada in the future by spreading Krishna COnsciousness.

I always consider this a miracle of Srila Prabhupada as he is merciful enough to accept me.

HareKrishna!

Guest guest

Dear Anand,

Hare Krishna! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

We at South India are very happy and inspired to know that Srila Prabhupada's books have changed your life tremendously. Since we are preaching here in South India we would like to know about your native, whereabouts and back ground. Kindly share with us your details.

Guru, Coimbatore.

Guest guest

Dear Prabhu,

HareKrishna!All glories to SrilaPrabhupada!I offer my humble obeisances unto him.

Thankyou for you inquiry..Prabhu.Iam a native of Erode. I did my schoolings there. My mother's family hail from Erode. My father is from a village in Madurai-Seelnayakanpatti. But I lived most of my school days in Erode. My father works as an architect in Kuwait and i studied in Kuwait uptill 4th grade. Then came to Chengalpettu spent 2years in school there and finally went to my home-town,Erode and did my schoolings from 7th grade to 12th grade. I have two brothers and both are in London right now. Iam in US doing my masters. Like I have mentioned my father is a strict Saivite but I had no much spiritual knowledge as a kid. Now, I am big fan of Srila Prabhupada and am ready to do anything for the great soul. I wish Krishna gives me the strength and energy to serve Prabhupada. Iam happy to know that you are inspired by reading my story. But, factually I have done nothing in Krashna Consciousness. I would like to remedy that and dedicate my life for Krishna. HareKrishna!

Hare Krsna dear vaisnava from saivite,

How wonderful to hear of your coming to Krnsa through the teachings of Srila Prabhupada A C Bhaktivedanta Swami.

He is the guru of the world Jagat Guru and has every town and village as his diciples.Just some of them hear His message and follow His teachings,for them life must be so sweet and everlasting.I must say from experience be carefull to only hear from Srila Prabhupada and develop spiritual love and attachment to His teachings.He is "one of a Kind" unfallible,and all of our's best well wisher.

I am your mudha friend far away cleansing in the ocean of necter, Srila Prabhupada's vast teachings.Bhakta Christopher

Guest guest

Dear Anand Prabhu,

Hare Krishna! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

We were happy to know your details. Kinldy keep in touch with me. My id is: jupiter12@rediffmail.com

I would like to hear more from you regarding your experiences with Srila Prabhupada's books.

Your Servant,

G C Das,

Coimbatore.

Guest guest

dear prabhu,

HareKrishna!All glories to Srila Prabhupada!I offer my respectful obeisances unto Him.

Thankyou for your advice and love towards me.Iam very blessed.I wish Krishna gives me the good heart to associate with devotees and learn from them.yes, you are absolutely right by asking me to read SrilaPrabhupada's books.I will only read his books as you say Prabhu.HareKrishna.