Dale Parker Posted February 2, 2012 Report Posted February 2, 2012 Namaste Hello. I am a westerner, Buddhist for most of my life. I became interested in Hinduism when I encountered the bagavad-gita during my Sanskrit studies. After some brief investigation I learned of Lord Shiva and therefore Shaivism. Immediately I fell in love with the Lord and began doing a minimum of one mala of the Maha Mritunjaya mantra daily. I've been eating up every book or other scrap of i info I can get concerning Lord Shiva. I've stopped drinking alcohol, I was already a vegetarian, and I have also began a basic raja yoga practice. I am learning all I can, and devoting all of my efforts to Lord Shiva. I would love any advice, especially concerning finding a guru, learning better how to practice yoga, devotion to the Lord, and puja.. I would love to go to the local temple and do Shiva Puja, but I am so ignorant, and do not wish to offend. Thank you for any input. Om Namah Shivaya. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.